Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been about a yr since Motackle had its ridiculous pricing for these Van Staal VM150 spin reels and I know a few guys from this forum bought them.
Well how do you rate them now?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Great value for the money, if a little agricultural. The drag clicker went on mine, first fish. I sent it away and they repaired it. However it went again on the next fish. I have heard the same from others, so likely a design flaw with them.
Mine has landed approx 10 longtails to a metre and still performing well.
Ill likely service mine soon. Great article on how to here. http://www.stripersonline.com/t/818750/ ... and-review
Aside from the Okuma Salina 3 range I cant think of another reel I would consider buying in that price range. I will likely purchase another when the time comes.
Edit: I see they are on spec for $299 at Mos again. The page says was $495 but also has $349 crossed out. Overpriced @ $500 but great buying @ $300. Perhaps I need another one now. :)

G

·
The VS seems to be the sand and waterproof model, which would make is a better buy for yakking. Is that correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.