Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Cav, are you fishing in the Rainbow Beach Classic? They have their annual fishing comp on up there that weekend, it's quite a big event and lots of people will be out and about fishing.

You can launch inside Inskip Point over the sandy banks without needing a 4wd, best access is almost all the way down the end of the road just before the track to the beach, provided the tide is in, otherwise the tide goes out and leaves the banks dry, great place for pumping yabbies too. Another spot close by to try is down at Bullock point, take the road to Inskip and as it turns to the right, continue straight ahead on the dirt road (2wd accessible) and follow it to the end. There is an old broken down jetty down there and it is worth fishing the pylons for all sorts of creatures. There is lots of tidal flow in this spot so be careful it is very, very strong. Carlo point is another option as there is a boat ramp just behind the caravan park that gives you access to the straights, once again heaps of flats here to work and flatties would be my target. Other than that it is a quick drive around to Tin Can Bay and launch in there.

With two of you, fishing the main straight between Fraser and Inskip could be an option, but its a long walk to the water without a 4wd, but if you do get the opportunity plenty of tuna should be working that channel around this time of year, once again though please note that tidal currents through this straight are huge and extreme caution needs to be exercised.

Kev

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
hay cav,

i go up every year for my annual 4 days holiday (lolz), big kevs advice taught me a thing or two to try.

the rocks just souht of the main surf beach are good and if you go up on the carlo sandblow you can see out to spot where patches of rocks (and sunken 4 wd ) are.
Around at the boat ramp at bullock point is a good spot too.(interesting you mentioned that one)
i just dragged out a few pics for you. the little jewie and the tarpon are from bullocks btw
great spot mate

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm heading up on the weekend with some mates, and thought I'd try my luck in Tin Can Bay on Saturday morning on the way up. Just decing on the best place to try. Tossing up between Tolara, Snapper ck and Carlo ck. Throw some plastics around and probably drag some lures. Just wondering how much run there is down the main channel if I was to look at heading over Judd point way. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.