Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey guys,
Feel like making a report on a quick session last sunday.

Headed out late on Sunday afternoon to see if i could entice a Flathead or 2 (catch and release). Arrived at low tide and started flicking a Z man 3 3/4 inch streakz in shiner. Got a heap of hits and misses and eventually got sick of it and put a rapala in another natural color on. Immediately rewarded with a small bream (low 20's).Kept fishing and got that feeling of "today's gonna be a good day" that was just the beginning of it as less then 5 minutes later a bit more weight and eventually a 40 cm flatty.
photo (2).JPG

Unhooked and released (sorry about the bad quality Iphone pics). Walked out to the same spot cast again... lift...lift..lift-zzzzz... better fish...zzzz.... much better. This fish was heavy. I couldn't stop thinking about my PB about to be broken. After 5 minutes of heavy weight...zzzz....wind ...weight...zzzz! I finally saw a white flash from under his belly... big fish. easily 60's probably 70's less then 5 metres from shore ping and the lure is flying out of the water. The only appropriate word I can use is Devostated.

Retyed as the leader was pretty scuffed up. Went to the exact same spot and about 5 minutes later zzzzzzz heavy weight zzzzz Not again.... Determined not to let it happen again i fought it out patiently and got him in 10 cm of water (without a net) then ping lure fly's out of the water again... NO! quickly picked him up and ran to the kayak to get the lip grips. The running resulted in me getting a pretty sliced up thumb but I landed him never the less :D Very happy nowhere near as big as the one I lost but still a good fish. Measured, photo and release he swam away heathly.
photo (3).JPG

Felt happy with my efforts on the Flathead and decided to head home trolling the rapala out the back. To my surprise when doing this I caught an arrow squid :shock: Trollling in the middle of boat traffic over sand only and an arrowsquid hits a hard body.

photo (4).JPG

A goood afteroon with some good fish and got to go home and watch the footy to top off what was a great weekend :D

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Josh was fishing off Redland Bay for anyone interested.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fishing, footy and food. Good times

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.