Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the army hit palmy this morn and it was bedlam. We tried to avoid the big macktuna and bonito, but after Rod got on and i had a double hook up, we ended up having to bring in the lines. Ant decided to run over a whale. Out the back the lines were deployed again and i had two promising runs that i would call as hoo's as they we fairly typical and the rigs came back toothed. Gr8 to hear the drags screaming and it was nice not to have to fillet a big hoo after a big paddle, which is always hard. Tried out the new home made screw on portable transducer bracket/sounder and it was too easy to bag out on little snaps for dinner, i hope it wasn't just a fluke;time will tell. Lost one big snap but the hooks pulled. Gopro footage coming 2nite. Fun times and laughs with top company as always. Ant did some showing off on the way in flirting with the Macktuna.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
carnster said:
Well the army hit palmy this morn and it was bedlam. We tried to avoid the big macktuna and bonito, but after Rod got on and i had a double hook up, we ended up having to bring in the lines. Out the back the lines were deployed again and i had two promising runs that i would call as hoo's as they we fairly typical and the rigs came back toothed. Gr8 to hear the drags screaming and it was nice not to have to fillet a big hoo after a big paddle, which is always hard. Tried out the new sounder and it was too easy to bag out on little snaps, i hope it wasn't just a fluke;time will tell. Lost one big snap but the hooked pulled. Gopro footage coming 2nite. Fun times and laughs with top company as always.
You crack me up Carny... certainly got it tough!

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bertros said:
Beekeeper said:
carnster said:
Well the army hit palmy this morn and it was bedlam. We tried to avoid the big macktuna and bonito, but after Rod got on and i had a double hook up, we ended up having to bring in the lines. Out the back the lines were deployed again and i had two promising runs that i would call as hoo's as they we fairly typical and the rigs came back toothed. Gr8 to hear the drags screaming and it was nice not to have to fillet a big hoo after a big paddle, which is always hard. Tried out the new sounder and it was too easy to bag out on little snaps, i hope it wasn't just a fluke;time will tell. Lost one big snap but the hooked pulled. Gopro footage coming 2nite. Fun times and laughs with top company as always.
You crack me up Carny... certainly got it tough!

Jimbo
That is a horse of a Bonito Carnster.

This is just getting ridiculous now. What do you have in the water up there that produces XOS fish so consistently, even when they are considered worthy of avoiding? That's a rhetorical question btw.. I don't want to know. Congrats again..
Yeah i thought it was a Hof boni for a minute but i have caught heaps bigger and let them go.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Never a dull moment with the Carnster and I pity the fish now that he has the technology strapped to the yak "that's what I'm talkin about baby" :D :D
Cheers
Ant

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, I know i get over excited and probably seem up myself a bit. But i really do enjoy myself when i go fishing and i certainly don't hold back my joy and a bit of amazement when do i catch fish. I don't really catch many snapper apart the odd one or two on the troll. But i am looking forward to the future plastic sessions using my sounder to find them and hoping that i can catch a few bigger ones. Even though mack tuna are a bit annoying, when the rods go off it is gr8 to hear the drag scream, especially since in winter i don't normally get to troll for pelagics. For me a big part of yak fishing is the exercise so it is awesome to go for a big paddle and de-stress once a week. I have considered leaving off the sound on the youtube footage, i know i sometimes can't handle listening to myself going off. But i really don't take myself that seriously and don't mind others having a laugh at my expense.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bertros said:
carnster said:
Hey guys, I know i get over excited and probably seem up myself a bit. But i really do enjoy myself when i go fishing and i certainly don't hold back my joy and a bit of amazement when do i catch fish. I don't really catch many snapper apart the odd one or two on the troll. But i am looking forward to the future plastic sessions using my sounder to find them and hoping that i can catch a few bigger ones. Even though mack tuna are a bit annoying, when the rods go off it is gr8 to hear the drag scream, especially since in winter i don't normally get to troll for pelagics. For me a big part of yak fishing is the exercise so it is awesome to go for a big paddle and de-stress once a week. I have considered leaving off the sound on the youtube footage, i know i sometimes can't handle listening to myself going off. But i really don't take myself that seriously and don't mind others having a laugh at my expense.
You worry way too much about this (and I know I do the same with my own video I haven't graced the pages here with yet). You also catch way too many big fish. Tone the latter down, and don't worry about the former, and you'll fit in just fine*. ;-)

* feck it. Keep on catching the big fish, don't worry what others think, and everything will be perfectly ok.
ta mate i will see what i can do.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Makes me sick - fancy having to wind in your lines cause there is a big fish you don't want to catch - I think I need to move north as we leave lines in even when getting savaged by chopper tailor lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
carntser i love it mate, dont stress buddy i carry on like the biggest porkchop even when i know 99% of the time its gonna be a ray or a cattie. its still BLOODY exciting reeling in a fish. the heart rate goes up everytime and the palms start sweating so i can fully understand you on water antics. my go to line is the big "OOOOOOHHH YEAHH! FISH ON!!!!

nice fish buddy keep up the good work

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
duff said:
carntser i love it mate, dont stress buddy i carry on like the biggest porkchop even when i know 99% of the time its gonna be a ray or a cattie. its still BLOODY exciting reeling in a fish. the heart rate goes up everytime and the palms start sweating so i can fully understand you on water antics. my go to line is the big "OOOOOOHHH YEAHH! FISH ON!!!!

nice fish buddy keep up the good work
Thanks Josh i appreciate that. Love the Fish on! call.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.