Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i put the word out last week that Mon would be the last chance to chase the toothy critters for this season. Most of the army came up with some pretty soft excuses; too windy/rainy, too much swell etc. But Ant and myself fronted up this morn and i was bursting with confidence. After around 10kms of paddling our enthusiasm was dying but i knew we were approaching a proven spot. A paddling frenzy was in order and it did the job with my $30 JW reel was singing and the fish took a few hundred meters of line in no time. Ant also had a hit but unfortunately it did not hook up. I kept my cool while i was towed even further offshore for around 30mins and i was able to switch on my go pro and place it on my head. Finally it came up and i sunk the gaff. I was pretty excited if you didn't notice from the footage, but hey i was savouring the moment. It went 165cm to the fork and according to my chart i would say it would be an easy 30kg. We were around 6kms from palmy when we set off on the big paddle home against the squally wind. Btw i am 180cms tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice mate!

·
Registered
336 Posts
A beaut.

Hope you cope over winter as they must be nearly all gone .
Well done.

Grant

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
What is the King going to do over winter? :eek:

Lawn bowls? :lol:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, grant yeah gunna miss the screaming runs, but i have a cunning plan that should hopefully score me a few winter mackeral.
Otherwise i will just have to put up with the cobes, jew and maybe a snapper or LT.
Trev i need that 1.8m or 2m mat.

·
Registered
684 Posts
There are those that believe and those that don't, today I thought it not possible but I was proven wrong that's why the Carnster is King. Nice way to end the season but I wonder if the Carnster's season has an ending? Love your work mate :D :D :D

Cheers
Ant

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hoo daddy king, well done on your persistence! should be a few round till end of june though then you'll have to catch them at north straddy in july ;)

carnster said:
I concur! there really does need to be a mat this size, 140 falls short to many times.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
carnster said:
Cheers guys, grant yeah gunna miss the screaming runs, but i have a cunning plan that should hopefully score me a few winter mackeral.
Otherwise i will just have to put up with the cobes, jew and maybe a snapper or LT.
The AKFF Illuminati are working on it, Chris, just for you. Because it is not really a commercial proposition, could you please commit to buying the entire run of 5 bragmats? (at $ 50 / mat).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's crazy what you're able to do with that ski, your aluminium paddle and a $30 Jarvis Walker reel. I bet more than a couple of people have got into this sport because of your reports. So cool.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
carnster said:
You poor bugger, carnster... I almost feel sorry for you... only mundane species for the rest of the year. ;-)

You're the top hooman!

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Another great fish Chris.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Another cracker Carnster. I like your method of slipping a hood over it's head to subdue it.

Amazing what you are catching on that very odd looking kayak of yours.

·
Registered
188 Posts
kayakone said:
carnster said:
The AKFF Illuminati are working on it, Chris, just for you. Because it is not really a commercial proposition, could you please commit to buying the entire run of 5 bragmats? (at $ 50 / mat).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cris can take four i will take one and yes i will pay $50 no worries.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.