·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:twisted:

·
Registered
146 Posts
What a fish off the flats!!! It really is amazing what fish live through I've seen (not caught) barra with tails that have been bitten off.
As a question what lure did you catch that beast?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WhipperSnapper said:
What a fish off the flats!!! It really is amazing what fish live through I've seen (not caught) barra with tails that have been bitten off.
As a question what lure did you catch that beast?
3" Gulp Shrimp Banana Prawn. Yeah it really surprised me when I saw the bite that was taken out of it.
It really took off when first hooked must have stripped off nearly a 100M of line, but after that it felt like a big flathead, I mistook the tail thrusts for head shakes I was fishing 12lb braid and 8lb fluro leader.
Hardly caught a thing after that.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Big fish Bildad. :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Peter from rhfc was telling me of the size of the trevs pulled if the flats up there, I now believe him.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
captaincoochin said:
Peter from rhfc was telling me of the size of the trevs pulled if the flats up there, I now believe him.
Yeah, River Heads and the Susan River offer Plenty of Estuary fishing but it's bloody hard to figure out, The best time of year I have found is the cooler months May through to October. by July all the flathead cruise in to breed and the average is 50cm, Then as the water warms up The Salmon, Grunter and Barra appear.
November through summer I really struggle to find fish, but I keep trying,Where do they go? Something odd I noticed the last few weeks there has been hardly a bait fish to be found then all of a sudden there is bait fish everywhere again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.