Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Met scotty before the dawn and launced form a new spot , as the track to the usual launch spot is badly degraded
On the water as the sun rose
001a.jpg
and headed down river towards the rail bridge as i hadnt paddled that stretch of the river before.
Was foggy and saw a few guys land based fishing as we paddled , but got nothing on the way downstream , so hopped out and had a flick from the sand banks under the pylons . Nice paddle and nice day , but got nada . so we decidede to paddle back upstream towards the rocks near the usual launch point.
Saw a nice big splash near where we launched and cast into the shadows ,nice 50cm flatty , new pb and nice feed sized for my tea.
Paddled up to the rocks and then trolled back towards the launch spot . was just looking at the water when the rod buckled and the drag screamed , grabbed the rod , cranked up the drag abit and hung on as ther nose of the yak turned towards whatever had grabbed my lure , fun fight for about 5 mins then this appeared for me nice 43cm GT , another pb , let him go as i had the flatty for a feed .
nice paddle , new area fished , 2 pb's , i had a good day

Pedro

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Great stuff Pedro good to see you get into a couple. It was a great morning, even though I ended up with a crispy cream I thoroughly enjoyed it. Heres a couple of pics, the first from the previous day at North wall ( where I also ended up with a donut :? )

Cheers Scotty

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.