Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be launching from River Street boat ramp with Kiwi Tacklerat pre-dawn Saturday. I know the weather is far from perfect but I am itching to get out even if it is just for a couple of hours.

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
862 Posts
Looks like I'm off of Townsville for the weekend so fish is out of the question sat or sunday but Monday morning is an option before I start work Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Kids footy carnival this weekend, so Monday morning's the earliest chance for me. A few flatties near the edge of Bassett basin last weekend Scotty, but generally quiet.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not sure about you guys but I have been getting a lot of small flatties just over legal with a couple good sized table fish amongst them with the occasional above average fish in the mix. I tried a new spot last weekend which came up with the goods, probably over 25 legal fish between the two of us for the morning with maybe around 6 to 8 good sized table fish and one larger model which went 64. Hope you get into a couple Scotty and I'll let you know what I'm doing Monday Sam, looks like I might still be driving back from Townsville Monday morning now anyway...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a couple of good Flatties this morning. Will be heading out again on Monday morning early.

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
159 Posts
good one scotty , might tag along monday, been a while since i have been out

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good stuff Pedro I will be there around 5am to try and beat the public holiday crowd. It's usually dark at that time but its only a short paddle to the sand bar across from the boat ramp and you can fish off there till first light if you are worried about getting run over. I have a light set up on my yak which is probably the best way to go. See you there mate.

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
862 Posts
How'd you go Monday Scotty?

i'm off Thursday through to Wednesday so will hopefully get a chance to get out for a fish or two. Not really sure where to go or what to chase though. With reasonable weather there will be too many options.

Anybody been out offshore lately?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was pretty quiet Brett but I managed good sized flattie and Qwickdraw got a good one as well. The wind made it difficult to throw the lighter lures so mainly just trolled and flicked SP's around the basin. A good morning though. Would love to try Nth wall again maybe Saturday if the wind plays the game?

Cheers Scotty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.