Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Took the oportunity to hit the creek for a flick session. Launched just after the top of the tide and had the area to myself. Trolled until i got to my sand bank and flicked the trusty minnow around to no avail.

Changed to a soft plastic.. a z-mann minnow-z 3" in white and suprise..suprise the fish were intrested. Within several casts i landed my first flathead and not long after several more on the end of the sand bank.

Further up the creek i fish around the yacht that has been moored there for some time. The target this time was tarpon and again within a few casts i was on to a nice specimen. Unfortunatly my gopro froze and i was not able to video the tussle . I had to remove the battery and replace it and was able to take a still over head shot.

Easy a PB for me but didn't measure it as i was worried it might go toes up. Landed more small flattys on the way back to the ramp in the shallows. Was on the water for a couple of hours and enjoyed myself. A few pics of the morning session....

Cheers

Stevo....
GOPR0037.JPG
GOPR0038.JPG
GOPR0039.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
NIce stuff will have to give it a go up there soon as it is close to home.

Cheers Mal

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well done Bungy great conditions at the moment and some fish around as well. I can't wait to get out again!

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
indiedog said:
Beautiful spot Bungy. Caught a few things in that creek but never a tarpon. They are common there now I gather?
Hi ya Mate

I only seem to get the tarpon around the boats that are anchored up the creek. There is a deep hole there that also holds other specie as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hiya Bungy
Thats my local. im out at least 3 times a week in a red and yellow extreme amigo. Rarely come home without a feed but always open to new suggestions. love to have some company near bye, let me no next time ur launching in eimeo/bucasia/dolphin heads area

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've seen that amigo out there. When you boys head up there post it up i'm keen.

Cheers Mal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.