Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

QLD - I caught a fish at Scarby

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  scoman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Very exiting stuff today at Scarborough Reef when a very average angler managed to catch a pan size snapper on a Squidgy flick bait.

IMG_1095.jpg

It went 39cm (new PB)

IMG_1096.jpg

Was a very enjoyable morning on the water with my Bro. in law and Daniel (Bruus). They were both polite enough to donut and allow me the glory. Thanks boys.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks Mark. Congratulations on dinner and the PB. It's all upwards from there. Now I have finally (almost) met you. How's your lad progressing?

Dan and I are going tomorrow to smash Jimbo's record....in our dreams. (I'll paddle for 20 kms for zilch, and Dan will probably score a snap).

#6 ·
Top secret imtheman and I'm not sure you would have the skills required.......

Only been a couple times, but there is reef and rubble from as close as 100m offshore. The more experienced guys (not me) have their marks, but fish have been caught anywhere and everywhere. Pirate park is one of the better places to launch.

#7 ·
Good work on the fish. I'm so jealous. I was going to have another session out there this weekend right up until Friday. I had a lovely lady cut me off resulting in my only vehicle with roof racks to require a tow and major repairs. That's my rant. Sorry and again nice work out there getting amongst the fish.

#10 ·
Nice eating size Mark, and to me a better catch than the horse sizes often posted in reports.

#11 ·
imtheman said:
scoman said:
Top secret imtheman and I'm not sure you would have the skills required.......

lol there only snapper, I'm sure if you can get one mate I wont have a problem
Mate its only a 10-15min paddle depending where you lauch from, they are all along Redcliffe waterfront around rocky patches and weed beds not just the reefs.

#13 ·
scoman said:
Very exiting stuff today at Scarborough Reef when a very average angler managed to catch a pan size snapper on a Squidgy flick bait. It went 39cm (new PB) Was a very enjoyable morning on the water with my Bro. in law and Daniel (Bruus). They were both polite enough to donut and allow me the glory. Thanks boys.
Good stuff, Mark... Keep up the good work.

Daniel does that a lot for me... :lol: except for one day when he quite unthoughtfully beat the pants off me! :(

Even K1 tossed me one day when I was a bit off my game... but everyone will tell you that he's a bit of a tosser! ;-)

Cheers all... Jimbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.