Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went for another try and what do you know i got lucky again. Was gr8 fun and yet another special moment for me on my yak. It certainly had the drag screaming and fought hard. I have been working hard in my garage perfecting my homemade rigs and it seems to be helping with my baits swimming perfectly. Was much smaller than the one earlier this month and longer, but more slender than last weeks fish. It weighed less at 11kg. The swell is dropping, but it is still up a bit.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,383 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Game fisher said:
Great fish,
wish there as something in the cold NSW bitting.....

Is there a posibility of showing that famous straight swimming rig?
Ha ha not a chance Louis, i keep it under lock and key mate, lol.
Definitely a lot of work and experimentation to get it right, but when the tail wiggles the fish just can't resist.
Thanks mate and yeah soz for being a bit discrete; i don't think you need any help, by the looks of your pics.

·
Registered
916 Posts
whoooooo needs some therapy :lol: ill look for a FISHAHOLICS CLUB HERE ON THE GOLDIE FOR YA CARNIE ;-)

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Clearly proves that carnster can, and often.

·
Registered
916 Posts
carnster said:
Safa said:
whoooooo needs some therapy :lol: ill look for a FISHAHOLICS CLUB HERE ON THE GOLDIE FOR YA CARNIE ;-)
Hi my name is Chris and i am addicted to fishing!
:lol: yip mate and you said its only a addiction when you try give it up ,so does that mean you stopping and leaving some for us?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lazybugger said:
Chris,

It's time to get that go pro working and put up a video of your rig making process from start to finish. Throw in all the tips including how to get a neat haywire twist if thats what your using, god knows mine look like a birds nest half the time. If you have different rigs for live v dead, Spotties to Wahoo & Cobes let us know the different sizes tackle required.

Come on you're a Teacher ... its time you gave us some lessons on how you do it, not just the results :D
Yeah i am sorry for being a tad selfish and somewhat secretive/protective of my techniques, but ask me any maths question and i will be happy to answer it.
I have been known to spill my guts on a few occasions to certain anglers and i have given a few little hints in the footage and in my written reports.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Safa said:
carnster said:
Safa said:
Hi my name is Chris and i am addicted to fishing!
:lol: yip mate and you said its only a addiction when you try give it up ,so does that mean you stopping and leaving some for us?
Spot on Clive my passion is fishing and i am not planning on backing off.
Being able to survice on minimal sleep helps with lots of late night marking and early morn quickies (fishing trips that is).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lazybugger said:
Chris,

It's time to get that go pro working and put up a video of your rig making process from start to finish. Throw in all the tips including how to get a neat haywire twist if thats what your using, god knows mine look like a birds nest half the time. If you have different rigs for live v dead, Spotties to Wahoo & Cobes let us know the different sizes tackle required.

Come on you're a Teacher ... its time you gave us some lessons on how you do it, not just the results :D
comon cris, sharing is caring, didn't mother teach u this, we want a full teachers instructional video. If u put up a special rig video i might even report on headland mackerel out of the yak and show some 30kg monsters hooked 20m from the rocks all video! these special pilly rigs u speak of might even catch a few birds down palmy lane for the lads

nice fish again mate, i think IMO more fish are caught when u take more care with the setup of rigs as u seem to be proving oh and it helps your out there doing the kye hurst paddle thing most days, you'll have a sexy hoff body soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.