Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally made it up here to Ayr, QLD. My host left me sitting on his office desk for a few days but he got his finger out today and took me for a look around this morning.

I'd heard all about it, 20% of QLD's land mass drains to the sea via this river system and now that it's coming into winter the flow has stopped and the water is really clean….to say I was expecting to get lucky was an understatement! The river was alive, the mullet were there in their thousands churning the water with loud roars all around as I swam past. We went this way, we went that way, I got flung here and there, nothing….I mean NOTHING!

I don't know what it is, I know I've been the subject jokes and been called unattractive, but the locals seemed to know I wasn't from around here and stayed right away. To be fair though, I was swimming in the company of a strange Tasmanian and some weird long lanky critter (he was a bit soft if you what I mean ;) ) and they didn't get any action either.

Fast forward to about 2pm and Barrabundy was feeling rather embarrassed and apologetic so he decided to take me out again in case the locals had decided to wake up and were looking for some fun. I was a bit jealous when the Tasmanian was hit on, don't like being passed by, but my turn came a little while later as I checked out an eddy caused by the current running past a point.
All three of us got hit on but no one got lucky, better than nothing I guess, I just hope I get out a bit more because I desperately need to hook up!

There are some photos somewhere which I'll post up later on.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
It was great to take you and your mate out today, hope you enjoyed it.

One thing I feel I must say, and don't take it the wrong way, you're a bit....."different".....to who I'd normally take fishing. A bit too deep for my liking. You're ok, it's just going to take some time to get you hooked up to a Burdekin local, I'm prepared to put in the time though.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Great photos this time Bilbo, but you really need to start catching some fish!!!!
BB, I had to move country, buy a new kayak and a new rod and reel before I could catch fish again after Bilbo visited.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments guys.

While my bad reputation precedes me in regards to fishing, it appears I may have some hidden hunting mojo. Wile bouncing around on the back seat of the ute last night we managed to out-fox this fox around the farm. It's not only fish that have sharp teeth, check out the toothy pegs on this thing!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Shot 5 is fantastic. I can sort of hear music with it.
No wait, that's my sons head phones.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good stuff Bilbo. I am heading to Salt Lake city, Utah late July. If you want to join me over there chasing some trout and bass for a couple of weeks let me know. I will make room for you in the suitcase?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.