Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ungrateful host lost his patience with me this morning and was on his way home when I got my first barra.

I'm a little worse for wear after getting into a tangle with a lump of wood and am now missing one point off my rear treble. We were both thrown up onto a mud bank for a photo and, while Barrabundy fussed around looking for the brag mat, old mate barra decided to try head back to where he came without me. After the calming muddy foot of Barrabundy held him in position, a photo was taken and the barra went back and we went home.

I think Barrabundy is now pacing the house mumbling unrepeatable words about where he put his brag mat after washing it last!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I'm going to do an afternoon trip, either today or tomorrow, to some freshwater spots for my last session with bilbo. A little birdie tells me one of the weirs is due for its 5 yearly wall inspection so will be drained completely dry. I'm hoping this might stir things up a bit, well none of my usual theories are working, got to be worth a try.

After this weekend, bilbo will get a new rear treble and I'll bid him farewell (and maybe good riddance) and send him on his way to the next AKFFer in the list.....hopefully he won't be bearing donuts when he arrives.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm too lazy to post a new trip report just to say I hooked up with a catfish but there IS photographic evidence.

I tell you what, that Barrabundy is a slave driver, every minute he's on the water I'm in it! Can't say I'm not trying by I think this AKFFer is a dud! I'm looking forward to going out with someone who knows where the fish are.

One more trip in the morning and I'm done.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Tis morning we got as far as driving the whole ute out of the driveway before I got out to shut the roller door (forgot the remote!) and realised it was a bit windy, drizzly and cold.....backed up into the garbage again, shut the door, went back to bed....no fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.