Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ahh! Nothing better than cruisin' the quiet waters of Hervey Bay in a Hobie Outfitter. The solitude, the scenery, the gentle lap of the water against the side of the yak... It is my heaven! I know my fishing partner will be horrified at this, but I don't even mind if I don't catch a fish. (Okay I can hear the collective gasps of many of you, as I have just horrified the most ardent angler to the hobbist.) For me its the escape from the hustle and bustle from my week day job.

In saying that its always nice to out fish my partner! We always remark on who has the biggest bag, the most species etc etc.

Susan River is always changing its fish species and its the lazy appreciation of the changing river system that is always the big draw card.
I have been able to catch such species as trevally:
Susan River 1.10.11009.JPG

Flathead
100_3864.JPG

and Bream, Grunter, among other species.
27cm bream.JPG

What a great place I live in!!!! I only wish that every day could be a weekend so that I could never leave the river system!

Happy fishing to all.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ballast, you sure live in a nice part of the world.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Ballast if you are pulling fish like that, you are certainly no ballast when on the yak, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Dodge said:
Ballast if you are pulling fish like that, you are certainly no ballast when on the yak, and welcome to the forum.
I might call you Ballast but I gotta say we have been out in some pretty shockin conditions at times, and you being up front cop the majority of the wind and splash, and to this day you have never whinged,bitched or complained, you are a great fishing mate! I dunno about this outfishing me thing, on the days you have managed not to wind the fish through the rod tip and have actually caught more fish, I think you will find that I was being unselfish and positioning the Yak so as to get your lures into the best positions for hook ups, LOL.
We'll see how we fair at Lenthalls this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bildad said:
I think you will find that I was being unselfish and positioning the Yak so as to get your lures into the best positions for hook ups, LOL.
I think you'll find it was my expert lure choice, my outstanding fishing techniques and "fish whispering"!!!! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.