Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just got activated after lurking about for a while. Not much to provide by way of fishing or kayak experience (I have none) <-- Do you get many like me through here?

With Moreton Bay on our footstep and with my kids now showing an interest in paddling and fishing I'd be crazy not to make better use of it and see what happens.

Now don't judge me but I came with full intentions of buying a massive double banger to paddle about with and throw a line in. Since then I've read plenty about the ins and outs of both pursuits and am still figuring out what to do.

Rough aspirations? Paddle around the Bay / Creeks and catch fish with a weekend camp not out of the question. One child or two in tow now and into the future are all part of the decision-making process (This would be much easier if it was just me) :)

So for now it's, 'G'day' from me and I'll be keeping an eye out on pretty much everything in here as its gold for a new guy.

Like the profile says too (not sure if you can see it) but I'm into (drinking/making) coffee, snow skiing and run a project or two for a software company (edit: cycling! I forgot about that) so if anyone wants to pick my brains on anything remotely related to those things (or just come round for a coffee or whatever)....

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
systemtester said:
Not much to provide by way of fishing or kayak experience (I have none) <-- Do you get many like me through here?

So for now it's, 'G'day' from me and I'll be keeping an eye out on pretty much everything in here as its gold for a new guy.
Welcome to the forum system tester, and to answer your first question the greater majority were kayak virgins to start with so will understand any issues you may experience.

Flicking thru the many pages of the forum should help in your new pursuit, and be content to take little steps in the beginning when you have a paddle in hand.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Welcome aboard ST

My mum lives just around the corner from you (Carina Heights)
and we lived in Mansfield and Wishart for more than 20 years

Not sure what a double banger is though ;-)

Plenty of the forum with kids the same age and aspirations similar
there usualy a trip or 2 camping somewhere in the bay each year
indiedog (dawg) organised a 'pin trip last year and there was also one on Peel Island recently

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think many of us start off the same way and then eventually get the kayak part nailed down. As for the fishing experience, the difference between an experienced fisherman and an inexperienced one is the amount of time spent holding a fishing rod trying to catch a fish. At times I wonder whether the inexperienced ones are the smartest because they've wasted less of their lives and less of their money to sit there and catch nothing :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome to the forum, once you get started you'll find it hard to shake from your mind. Sorry to hear about your coffee addiction, i've been trying to shake mine for years now but never have any luck, I'm sure if I didn't make my own it would be easier. Tryed the cycling but fishing gets in the way and afternoons I get sick of the commuters. There is a wealth of knowledge to find on here and plenty of advise for a kayak and gear to suit your needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.