Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am yet to score my first longtail so back out today of Moffats. Paddled around from just before 6am to 8am trolling. Paddled down to Brays Rocks and decided to have a rest and threw in around the wash. Got a solid hit on my first cast and the leader knot let go . Rerigged, paddled back in closer and another solid hit after a few casts but this time the knot let go at the jig head. My own bloody fault for rushing.

Decided to troll a bit more after spoting a few bustups, did some circle work for a while and ended up getting a good take. Line peeling off (I see how you can be spooled very quickly when onto a good one). I got the rod out of the holder and held on while this thing turned the yak but then nothing . Line just went slack. Got everything back but noy joy.

I had paddled about 10klms in the 2 hours and was feeling it in my shoulders so packed up and headed down to Diamond Heads to see if I could score a flatty or two.

Got 3 in about an hour, no real size but a bit of fun.

One of the prettiest days on the water for a while.

Moffat.jpg

flatty1.jpg

flatty2.jpg

DH.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Brilliant Day Thats For Sure !!!

No LT for us amatures but we gave it a red hot go. We did however land a nice sweet lip. Trev got a nice LT photos below.

Nice and calm out there today however I still managed to botch my surf landing and snap an akka bar shear pin and bend both masts on my turbo fins.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was a memorably beautiful day that's for sure. Sorry to here about your ordinary re entry mate.

Tev got a longy!!! Very happy for him. Was nice to meet him face to face this morning.

Maybe next weekend for my 1st

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Good to meet you Funchy....shame about dropping your fish.

Great day out, though my arms are a bit sore. It took one hour to subdue, with over twenty minutes of deep circles. I must be getting weak!

The girls smiled, but one of them said it was 'yucky'.

Paulo scored a similar size one early but got his to the tramp in ten minutes :shock: Don't ever arm wrestle Paulo! :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to meet you too Trev and well done on the LT. Did you get it early? Yeah my arms are letting me know all about it. Pushing against that breeze and current makes you earn it that's for sure!! Very happy for ya mate. Did Paulo get one? Wonder how the super lure went today ;)

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Funchy said:
Nice to meet you too Trev and well done on the LT. Did you get it early? Yeah my arms are letting me know all about it. Pushing against that breeze and current makes you earn it that's for sure!! Very happy for ya mate. Did Paulo get one? Wonder how the super lure went today ;)
Paulo got his about 6.15, just as I launched. On the drift out with the SW'er, I saw several bust-ups close by (out of casting range), but they disappeared after about ten minutes.
I came back inside the shark nets and on a slow drift ZOOOOM! I lost 300 metres in no time, but eventually pedalled him down. Then the fight began. It was a far longer fight than a 15 kg one I got last year at Scarby. Go figure?

Also hi to Paddleparra - another new face to a name.

Cheers guys and see you again in the next few months.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good on you Trev
I had a hit early on - pretty solid but only moments worth and it let go - plenty of tuna about till about 7.45 then -they left!!
Ended up with a nice sweetlip and snapper later on and a great day on the water .
Mark

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Nice fishing fellers.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Cracking day on the water wasn't it? I never saw a fish break the surface but got smashed about 6:15. He went 12kg.
P1020152sm.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome fish. Well done to all. Was going to hit Moffats this morning, but the wind is up to 20 knots at Cape Moreton, which makes it just too hazardous for a solo trip. It would be hard work chasing down an LT into the wind this morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.