Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
That's good news. They are described as being elusive in habit. Given that their range covers a sparsely populated area there may be quite a few more out there. Wonder if they tried to kill one just for science purposes?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Heard someone being interviewed on Radio National today say "Sighting a Night Parrot is the ornithological equivalent of spotting Elvis flipping hamburgers in a roadhouse"

May not have all the words exactly right but it was something very similar.
In any case it's a pretty big call.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
There's an article on it on abc news online. Even I'm excited now after reading it, apparently the guy has a feather/s for DNA analysis although aspersions are beng cast over how legitimate the photos are. Apparently he has edited them and doesn't have any original files. Not sure if I have the story correct but read it for yourselves.

I hope it's true and I'd love to have a look at some clear images/video of it if he ever gets any. Apparently he has video and audio of it also.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
eric said:
A tweet from Sean Dooley, the first person to crack over 700 Australian bird species in a single year.

Sean Dooley @Twitchathon

Have just come from presentation of Night Parrot photos. If John Young has faked these he must have better CGI skills than James Cameron.
Thanks Eric. BTW, you're an ugly critter.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
HAWKEYE3 said:
Barrabundy said:
salticrak said:
Love this kinda thing,now for a tassie tiger.
X2

.......you know they're out there ;)
Somewhere
Regards

Ian
I reckon I had a fleeting glimpse of one about 18 years ago just on dark in a remote part of Tassie, but it melted back into the scrub, so no time for a photo. It was definitely not a roo or wallaby, too big for a dingo or devil, was on all fours and had the right shape.

Mind you... I want them to be there!

Jimbo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.