Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I had a bit of a debate about the man affectionately known in these parts as "Fatso" and why people would vote for his new party. While no one could answer my questions as to what he really stands for, they all said he was a real alternative to the big 2 parties because they are so close to each other with their policies and he is in with a good chance.

I can't comment on Penny Wong, I know it's a shit job that someone has to do but I try stay away from people who either wield a lot of power or who aspire to. I just hope the amount of politicians dedicated to doing their jobs outnumbers those there purely to get their noses in the trough.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Barrabundy said:
While no one could answer my questions as to what he really stands for, they all said he was a real alternative to the big 2 parties because they are so close to each other with their policies and he is in with a good chance.
I thought generally his policies broke down to similar to the LNP's, but better.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Bretto said:
Barrabundy said:
While no one could answer my questions as to what he really stands for, they all said he was a real alternative to the big 2 parties because they are so close to each other with their policies and he is in with a good chance.
I thought generally his policies broke down to similar to the LNP's, but better.
To be totally honest, I haven't listened. I'm judging him on my preconceptions of Chinese masters pulling the strings behind the scenes. A former labour state treasurer, affectionately known as KDL in these parts, lost all his credibility with me when he became a salesman for a Chinese government controlled entity charged with buying up Australian agriculture businesses. I reckon old mate "Fatso" is motivated similarly....but that's just me unfairly judging him, maybe I should take more notice on what he really stands for.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Barrabundy said:
Bretto said:
Barrabundy said:
To be totally honest, I haven't listened. I'm judging him on my preconceptions of Chinese masters pulling the strings behind the scenes. A former labour state treasurer, affectionately known as KDL in these parts, lost all his credibility with me when he became a salesman for a Chinese government controlled entity charged with buying up Australian agriculture businesses. I reckon old mate "Fatso" is motivated similarly....but that's just me unfairly judging him, maybe I should take more notice on what he really stands for.
I still don't have an opinion of him myself. Any comment I make is simply what I glean from press headlines. I must confess to taking no interest in the federal campaigns of any of the parties. I'm not a fan of any of the leaders, so there is nothing to spark my interest or support.

·
Registered
908 Posts
leftieant said:
Seriously, Fatso as a credible alternative?

• He wanted a tilt at Wayne Swans seat, took out billboard ads, and then withdrew
    The party has already changed its name once
    They announced Peter Slipper as a star candidate, then withdrew him the next day
    They arenstruggling to get AEC endorsement
    He wants to rebuild the friggin Titanic
    Whenever something doesn't go his way, he blusters and threatens legal action.

I seriously don't know how he got as rich as he did, his political tilt is messy, chaotic, disorganised, and has no clear message or strategy.
Give him some credit. The idea to erect giant fiberglass dinosaurs on a championship golf course at Coolum was a stroke of genius.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My favourite Fat Clive moment was when he decided he would form his own knock-off soccer governing body because his half baked team got booted from the A-league when he tried to run roughshod over the FFA. He held a press-conference, appointed a bunch of like-minded idiots then nothing happened. Lunatic.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
leftieant said:
Seriously, Fatso as a credible alternative?

• He wanted a tilt at Wayne Swans seat, took out billboard ads, and then withdrew
    The party has already changed its name once
    They announced Peter Slipper as a star candidate, then withdrew him the next day
    They arenstruggling to get AEC endorsement
    He wants to rebuild the friggin Titanic
    Whenever something doesn't go his way, he blusters and threatens legal action.

I seriously don't know how he got as rich as he did, his political tilt is messy, chaotic, disorganised, and has no clear message or strategy.
So he is like the others then? :shock:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
punchanello said:
My favourite Fat Clive moment was when he decided he would form his own knock-off soccer governing body because his half baked team got booted from the A-league when he tried to run roughshod over the FFA. He held a press-conference, appointed a bunch of like-minded idiots then nothing happened. Lunatic.
More evidence he is like the others :?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eagle4031 said:
cjbfisher said:
dru said:
Is sensational. Working hard. Hitting hard. Best thing labor has going for them.

It's not enough by a long way. Pity.
PW for PM?
Powerful and intelligent
Therefore, unlikely to be PM :(
And I had Julia on my impressive minister list before she got the call to PM. ALP will be gutted at the election, see where she ends up after that. Hope she sticks with politics.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Impressive? Really?
Remember her as the minister for climate change telling us all how the copenhagen climate summit was so important and flew herself and a small army of public servants over to tell the world what to do (and burning over a million pounds of kerosene to get there). To be totally embarrassed by the non-event it turned out to be.
Have not seen an interview yet where she doesnt talk around the question for a few seconds before spending the bulk of the time talking about what the opposition would do.
A politician of our times, lots of spin, no essence. Ticks a couple of minority group boxes.
Oh, she was also an advisor to the former Carr labor government in NSW, based on that alone she should be pushed in front of a truck.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Wenny Pong.

And the rest of them stink too. They're in deficit and are deficient.

And how can Garrett sleep at night.....4 dead and 350 house fires? He's still a minister, and happily collecting a fat salary and immense super and perks for life. WTF?

·
Registered
908 Posts
kayakone said:
Wenny Pong.

And the rest of them stink too. They're in deficit and are deficient.

And how can Garrett sleep at night.....4 dead and 350 house fires? He's still a minister, and happily collecting a fat salary and immense super and perks for life. WTF?
That's a long bow Trev, but Peter has copped it, accepted plenty and will continue to for rest of his life.

I myself think there is a lot of checks and balances that were missed somewhere in between, the most important of which was his direct employer which has obligation to ensure that the business and employee knew what they were doing in mad rush to make cash. There were a lot of people in that chain of responsibility between the two that must share some blame.

Of course reasoning runs counter to the culture of outrage, victim-hood and whinging dominating of late. It's like the whole country has turned into one great seething hateful talk back radio audience, too busy feeling hard done by to realise how good we really have it.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Yes, to be fair (and I'm not a supporter of the current govt) we DO have it pretty good in Australia when compared to many parts of the world.

I'm no economist but things are pretty good in Australia aren't they compared to other parts of the world?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
leftieant said:
badmotorfinger said:
It's like the whole country has turned into one great seething hateful talk back radio audience, too busy feeling hard done by to realise how good we really have it.
Hear hear.
With you there
We are not grateful for what we have and most are only interested in feathering their own nests.
Mind you ----- it has been that way for a long time
The really effective people are not in power

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.