Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have trouble with your paddle slipping in your hands and what do you do to stop it from happening.
I was thinking of gloves but what to buy any ideas would be appreciated

Tony :eek:

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Tony
You are talking a conventional paddle with some offset on the blades for windage?

If so, no. Right hand grips (lightly) and left hand makes a circle only, for the paddle to rotate in. Even the RH grip should not be tight.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You are right of course K1, but I admit that as I'm playing with a new paddle at the moment... My hands slip especially left hand.

Tony, tape can help. Try it first as a locator to where your hands should be. Then wrap the right hand spot on the paddle.

I don't find gloves help.

·
Registered
392 Posts
A bit left field, but try a thin smear of "All Clear" on the grip area and allow it to dry.

Then cover the area with talc or chalk dust and work in, then wash off. Test it on another shaft say a broom handle first before applying to your paddle.

I have never done this - it was alight-bulb moment

Regards

Ian

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Tony

If you tape a piece of 3 mm plastic tubing, such as that insulating car wiring, on the forward edge of the paddle grip, and sitting in crook of your fingers, then paddle grip location soon becomes automatic. After a short while you never have to check your control hand's location.

I will try to take a photo for you soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.