Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i hooked myself in the hip with a treble hook that didnt have the barbs crushed(something im goining to do from now on) and we couldnt get it out. I had to paddle for 1 1/2 hours until i got back to the place my mum was ment to pick me up ad then drive to the hospitel and get it cut out and have 1 stitch. i think i learnt my lesson now. At least we caught over 20 bass :):)

Jay

· Registered
278 Posts
Thats truely treble trouble to make one tremble. Tricky situation.
Glad you're ok!
Cheers,
Jake

· Registered
7,771 Posts
Jay, perhaps you had better consider taking occy and me with you next time, occy can crush the barbs and i will make the coffee, 20 bass!!!!, top effort , WHERE :?: :?: :?:

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWa/ryYYAACFfgAASUKeAGqBoECo///+AMACm0NTQmENEaYI2jSaeoxHqEUzUepoMmmg0AAAA1T2qJvRRtNRtT0I9EAD1NBGNcrZJpxkvpFHPIyuwshBbNYnvKgtlH9k9aQ/ftTORNloz1Bqmhx8Xd5gWmdKGJmH10ZCN7FyG8EBI1IHCqLCkyXCpPvCc3Vjc1oXTN5tcHpRnSMpYydY0xbjdbUGPiILZc1AHL1kBLME5TGCHSUE2A7GrpKiHJqSIDsxFCaCuMLt+vU9pOw/FBYoELDRKniv4IUCxkwJD+LuSKcKEhX9eTDA=

· Registered
736 Posts
Yeah mate I spent some time this week crushing all the barbs. Good for the fish, good for me. I think I've had more contact with the sharp end of trebles since I've been kayak fishing.

· Registered
1,565 Posts
redphoenix said:
A couple of good hints about hook removal while the subject's being raised.
http://www.simplesurvival.net/hooks.htm

YakAtak said:
Yep, that's the trouble with trebbles. :roll:
Hehe - do I detect a closet trekkie there Karl? ;)

Red.
Leigh, I used to live with a bloke who couldn't get enough old school tacky sci fi, we used to go to the video store that was run by a mate of mine and get 10 movies for $7 and it was 90% sci fi, so yeah, I've seen all the classic star treks repeatedly. :p

· Registered
5,058 Posts
Gday Jay,

Those trebles are nasty bussiness. I took the advice from the site and flattened mine which saved on friday from a nasty hook up.

Just watch the river sea lures the trebles break easily and fly around the place (wear glasses).

Cheers Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.