Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a bit slack on the yak fishing front lately because i've been getting back into my first love - mountain biking. Took delivery of my new set of wheels last night...see attached. This past time makes yak fishing seem cheap - had to buy this baby 2nd hand!

So what other hobbies do fellow yak fishers also enjoy??

Attachments

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWZBo8DIAAA1fgAASYCEACAABWAA/75wgIABIimn6kGJpk9Q02TUKaJsiGyAgwcRB4LRWM6M5UbakS3tUTLPL27Ca3ilUgeJQEsLdNE0TBwSd40ZFoIoLDINi7kinChISDR4GQA==

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice set of wheels there redphoenix! Bet she moves. My mate used to have an R1 a year or so back and he offered me a ride on it. Not a chance, too much power for this little push cyclist :oops: :)

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWSh5grQAACLfgAASUPfUAhAhGIo/7/9gMAClsNVP00hPT1IGjCek02kHqfqj1GhFNGRoNGI0AAA0MhCBGmmgAAANAAQFyGFcUW4xZo0pZqQMj4+3TZ2eIrJEZ1hdOljmlXqw3UlX5hrhvebqmBBN0N+jzW1gj8w5FQSCVFtWTAgnXLx4bRLiMQzQWwEQgA2IUHyj0Ol093SlwUr8jBgVhIzhNUDFrUyZNDpaGiG5RigSkBRVAUEHEHiDGdJA+HBJnEHA/i7kinChIFDzBWg=

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
other hobbies? for the past few years its been golf - but my game has gone out of the window and I'm forever frustrated - time to give it away and concentrate on kayak fishing me thinks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
My other hobbies include wakeboarding, skateboarding and my low rider. See pic of my low rider below.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,293 Posts

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWXxSqbYAAB/fgAAScKWACiIgGSo///6gIACEIp6YU00BNDBohp6CPUDUxNCelPU0aGgMgGJkEA7SkCNx5gI3RzM/xkobRXVvHMdpd3JO/55BNCohkh3wyTU2B78Mq9OO2R4L34X7dYSK8Q3OAkmmdjKpL3W0tmZKdUZheUSxxaSsTwMtJiyMCUgCUmmudpuE4hN+ugv/V6mqg6j6zhy2S2yszNQpkROeht8TQdLUhBKj/i7kinChIPilU2w=

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Matt

Take note of when the aquariam fish get active and that is the time to hit the water fishing, as they are both reacting to barometric pressure whether in the tank or river.

A bunch of blokes trialled it years ago after reading an article, and it seemed to be the case.

My other interests are bushwalking, reading and being a Norm in front of Foxsports channels

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
tryhard said:
This is my other hobby - not as energetic or adrenaline charged as the bikes but good when the weathers bad :D
I also used to breed fish mostly South American and African Cichlids. I have an empty 4-foot tank at the moment I just decided what to put into it next.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWdEhUxAAADVfgAAScPeEGrBhECo////wMADm2sNTTJTTxJk0aaAGTTQyNPRANTJop+pkQDQDQAAaPUeoNT1NChtENGRtEAZBoNGmhBU25qK+0nbCVJwkIfGeXVnrM3tIY21YJHgj0IEaybcIMvKa9aywyNVLZGNnGyIRWUA3l6p2yrygjJ/JagutwdyaAsP8lCZxARoqg4rBBiMC13IdEL3ikzOKsshYFFqQjGERZQ8WuTujSp4mbLoLF8nJiP6Exbh0VisiDhRJeEXFODdlJhMRGLjV3YNRdhO7wJtGMQSRp1wbLdU+SDDKDXEVObZFoUjyTIoKEDzYFIVJMNnjc6FQN4KEoIbQjd0f8XckU4UJDRIVMQA=

Attachments

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
redphoenix said:
(YakAtak: Next time I'm up in Brizzie with the bike, I'll take you for a ride ;) As the old saying goes: Not every bike owner is a d*ckhead... but every d*ckhead seems to own a bike!)
That's ok m8, I'm sure you can ride, I've been on bikes enough to know I don't wanna be on one, and pillion is the scariest way I reckon, I used to live with a bloke who had a ducati and he used to take me to work when my poor old suby wouldnt go, scary stuff, he seemed to think doing 90ks through peak hour traffic was normal as he was a bike courier for 15 years in sydney. I've also seen some very good riders near kill themselves repeatedly and my fiance would probly near kill me if I told her I was going on a bike. Thanks anyway. :wink: :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to ride those two wheeled death traps aswell, but then moved on from mountainbikes to motorbikes. I've a Ducati Monster S2R (called Sophia), and when I'm not in the garage coming up with something new for the kayak, I'm in the garage changing something on the bike. I must get a beer fridge....

You can see her here: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index. ... 122.0.html

Keep the rubber side down,
Robbie

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Here's a pic of my new toy on the day it was delivered (two weeks ago) with me & my dog KT trying it out for size.

A few days after this pic was taken I had a minor brain fade mishap & it's now waiting for a new rear mudguard while I'm manufacturing a better rack, a dog platform & saddlebag frames.

Of course, last weekend while I was in the garage working on the bike to get it ready for a trip north in a few weeks, the weather was bloody fantastic for kayaking - aarrghh! And my work keeps taking me to seaside & bayside suburbs where I can't help but see the vast amounts of yakfishable water around here. Thank goodness it's been raining & blowing a gale for the last few days, it'll help me concentrate on getting the bike work done.

While I'm really hanging out to go on this ride, I'm also really looking forward to ariving back home and getting the Swing out of the shed & onto the water again. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms and my paddling callouses are starting to soften!

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well, a very good and old friend of mine owns a Ducati dealership so one of my hobbies is riding new Ducatis for free. Its good to get the adrenalin going now and then and I dont have to worry about rego/tyres/etc.
The one that scared me the most so far was a 999. Too much power for me that one.

My other interests include but are not limited to:

Guitar - been playing for about 25 years
Music - its great to just listen
Renovating the house - This has been going on for so long that it seems like a hobby.
Making things - I get a kick out of making things like my own furniture, loudspeakers, hard bodies lures (still early days here), and this weeks effort a spotted gum boardwalk in the front yard through the palm trees. Basically to save us walking through the puddles between the front gate and the front stairs. (This was conceived back in the old days when it used to rain in Brisbane.)
Im also keen to get back into beer brewing, which I havent done for years.

Cheers,
Jake

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Like many othere, I was into bikes as a younger bloke, tryumphs & Nortons mainly but my old bones now take longer to mend, and my reflexes aren't as fast.

Now, my other hobbies are wood turning and more recently, boat building. I mess about in the garden from time to time as well. (fruit trees & roses)

BJT that is a sweet lookin ride mate. :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I used to play with the odd bike or two, nothing exciting though. The missus put the halt to biking when we started a family and considering one of my last falls from one I agreed it was time to stop.

Also had to give up my old hobbie of Bowhunting, not really a wide spread sport in Tassie, so since moving here 18 years ago I have only picked up my Bows probably 20 or so times but just for shooting at a target butt. Bowfishing from a Yak would have been interesting me thinks 8)

These days, due to my sedintary hobby of the Computer I have put on too much wieght so now it is riding a mountain bike, fishing and of course my Yak is about to take up a lot of spare time :wink:

·
Registered
711 Posts
I used to ride and race mountain bikes (cross country) and found it a good way to keep healthy and have fun. In the last few years the cycling has decreased and fishing has increased. The Intense and the Kona are sweet looking bikes but probably hard work going back up the hill :lol: I was not mad enough to go fast downhill.... leisurely rides for me and not have to push up the hill.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts