Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I think this just confirms what most of the general public probably already thought was going on anyway. If Joe Blo is interested enough to want to eavesdrop on his neighbour (for whatever reason), it would only makes sense that big brother would like to, and would have the power to, do the same. I'm comforted by the fact that none of my communications would rate on the scale of "interesting" in the eyes of any government agency.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not the reading of my boring emails or looking at my fishing photos that is a concern, it is that one of the ... er ... most irregular 'societies' in the world thinks everyone else is high risk when they should first hold up a mirror.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Since my deployment is about up, I can fess up and say I've been here spying on you dodgy Australian kayak fishermen. StevenR, you R on the list...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zed said:
Since my deployment is about up, I can fess up and say I've been here spying on you dodgy Australian kayak fishermen. StevenR, you R on the list...
I hope you enjoyed the photo of my 61cm Aussie Salmon attached to my email messages about the large numbers of fish I've been catching for months. Too bad for you my camera has no GPS or it may have given the location not mentioned in the email. Suffer, Yankee spy, suffer :twisted:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Luckily you failed to find the GPS chip embedded in your [ALL] mirage drives.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kraley said:
Telstra already has all this data about you. Where you are, who you call, etc. what your apps are accessing.....

Do you trust telstra?

I would be surprised if the Australian government didnt access this metadata for counterterrorism purposes as well. Not sur if that is better or worse than telstra.

The only way to avoid this stuff is to turn your phone off and leave it at home.
Governments are likely to use collected data
Code:
to serve the public
Profit-making enterprises gather data for one reason - to make a profit from it. For example, even using AKFF, Google Analytics is looking over your shoulder. Not reading what you write but recording your visit
"Google Analytics gives you insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness. We help you buy the right keywords, target your best markets, and engage and convert more customers."
How did I find this out? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ghostery/mlomiejdfkolichcflejclcbmpeaniij

A tackle store I regularly use has five trackers trying to analyse my visit. There could be others that are as yet undetected by Ghostery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.