Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be launching first light or earlier thursday morning hoping to catch the start of the mackeral season, if there is going to be one.
Have just pre-rigged everything ready to go so all I need now is for the fish to play the game, LET"S HOPE.
Anyone else keen PM me. I am also keen to read how the Toga trip goes if the boys get out.

Cheers Mal.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gear packed and kayak on trailer locked and loaded all I need is for a stray fish to find me in the morning.

Cheers Mal

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might brave it for an hour or so in the morning before it gets up and hopefully back on land with a fish in the bag by breaky/brunchtime. I am all set with trolling gar rigs and a plastic to fire away.

Cheers Mal

·
Registered
159 Posts
SamT said:
Looking a bit windy offshore for me Mal. I might hide out upstream. .
so where upstream you thinking ? and when ? I am keen for a paddle

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
hi ya fellas

Dumbleton could be the go but full tide is about an hours diffrence. If that fails eimeo creek will be protected from the ailments.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am happy with either , how is the track at dumbleton ? I havnt been there lately

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i believe still choped up. Park of the road and wheel yak down would be the safe bet.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Will see you down there Pete probably round 630 ish....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Good luck boys I will be slaving away at work but will be at the river street boat ramp at 4.30am Friday for an all day yak!

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm working tomorrow so no go for me, don't forget your woolies those heading out. No secret tuna spot...the fish and bait were moving around a fair but and I think I just got lucky running into a stray fish. As for the toga, the good spots are private property not accessible to the public anyway sorry...

Was pretty quiet yesterday with only three toga caught, the cold water definitely slows them down a bit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Anyone heading out Sunday, I'm contemplating heading out offshore somewhere, anywhere but the harbour I'd say, Eimeo maybe? Any action yesterday or today those who got out?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't see any action Thursday morning trolling gars, plastics and hardbodies from daybreak till about 830-9. it was good to be back out on the water though.

Cheers Mal

·
Registered
862 Posts
SamT said:
bundyboy said:
Anyone heading out Sunday,....?
Yep, I'm planning to go from Eimeo beach early. Between the beach & reefs, wider if the swell allows.
Rigging up some gars for trolling.
Will see you there Sam, launching at first light probably with two other lads from work.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I might show up as well where is the launch spot guys?

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
862 Posts
Eimeo esplanade next to surf life saving tower.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.