Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post to brag about my PB snapper today, 64cm taken off Narrabeen wide on 6kg mono.

(Late morning session, expecting nothing but felt like some exercise) Met a newbie (Martin, Chinese guy) near the ramp who wanted to catch snapper and he paddled 2 kays with me to the mark but drifted away somewhere in the strong south current. Hope he sees this and realises what he missed out on - should've stayed around mate! Also lost the same monster that I believe tangled with Mr X a few weeks back. Lots of good runs during the drift but they were mouthing the baits (trevally fillet) rather than gulping them down and I dropped quite a few decent fish.

A fun lunchtime session!

Rick

Attachments

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Beats dodging crocs Rick. :D

Very good snapper for Sydney waters (from what I've read on here).

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
avayak said:
Nice work on the PB Rick. He would have given you a good fight in 6 kg. How long did you have the Bastard Beast on for?
Had the BB on for about 15sec as it headed to Gosford before the the line parted. From appearance the line was cut on the reef below - I'm calling it an oversized king but a big jew also is a possibility.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
blueyak said:
Nice little session on the reds.

Will anyone tame the barstard beast?
On the tote, my guess is Mr X; Wrassemagnet; Keza; PaulB; CLJB; Dave73; avayak + a few others.

Good luck guys. My bet it is a metre + Kingy.

To the victor the spoils!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Fantastic to pick up a PB. Not a bad effort in todays weather either! I let it go with the rain, and went for a harbour fitness paddle in stead. Now I feel I missed something. Bugger.

Again great work on a PB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.