Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day on the water with Whales passing by almost continuously. A long trip across the bay but hell, I'm alive and living the dream.

I think that I have Snapper fishing sorted now but this poses a problem that leaves me feeling somewhat ill at ease. Catching these big fellows in 50m does not do much for catch and release as barotrauma absolutely whacked this fellow that blew large amounts of air on surfacing. A pin prick was not enough to revive it. Seeing that I luck large fish I am going to have to fish sparingly--probably jinxed myself now. On the other hand, I have only been Snappering 4 times so they have had it easy for many years.

Anyhow, I think the photo shows the weight--I tried to get the scale reading of 11.40 kilo as a picture. It was a rather fat male. A bit of close observation will show the plastic used. Quite a lot of sounder action including 2 separate but VERY large arches that I could not identify.

So this will be my one and only outing for July.

Hope you enjoy

Grant

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have only been Snappering 4 times
Keep at it Grant - it takes time, patience. You'll figure it out one day, and catch a big one. Happy to come with you next time to show you the ropes.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
You definitely need a job. On fire as usual ole mate!

·
Registered
402 Posts
blueyak said:
Absolute beastie.
paulo said:
You definitely need a job. On fire as usual ole mate!
wopfish said:
A weeeee BEASTIE !!
carnster said:
Be careful u might get a hundred yaks following u around next time.
grant ashwell said:
Beautiful day on the water with Whales passing
grant ashwell said:
I'm alive and living the dream
You got it Made!!

Where do we apply for a job like yours?

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Thanks Grant.

Wee mortals dream on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.