Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Congrats, thanks for sharing. Wish I had of thought of a way of getting a fish in before I proposed. Hope you didn't ask her to clean and gut the fish until the initial warm and fuzzy glow had worn off.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Congratulations to both of you, but hope you ensured the barbs were gone on that special lure before using.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Guys! Can't wait for a few more adventures on the yaks together

Beekeeper said:
I reckon it must have been the barrage of swearing and cursing that made up your mind to present the lure...
Absolutely! Although telling her she was "starting to sound like a real fisho" didn't seem to calm her down as much as i'd hoped! :lol:

badmotorfinger said:
Hope you didn't ask her to clean and gut the fish until the initial warm and fuzzy glow had worn off.
Unfortunately, I think the killing/cleaning side of things will remain my area of expertise!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I know greatness when I see it.... Proposing (with an acceptance) while yak fishing! You should now be able to use this as a foundation stone of your relationship. "Going back to where we started" "Remembering what's important" "Keeping in mind what keeps us strong"...endless possibilities for reasons to go fishing.

Personally, I may have gone the extra mile and shoved the ring down the gob of one of those flatheads you kept for dinner and let her find it that way! After that she might order you out to fishing :)

Congrats and good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.