Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Some great fish there and well deserved after fighting seasickness. I used to cop it too all the time until I figured out a 3 step plan that always works - 1x 150mg zantac on waking up, 1 1/2 travacalm tabs an hour before launch and start chewing gum about 20 mins before launch. Haven't felt sick again since starting this routine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bunsen said:
Nice work there. I've never been game to go near that strait, it always looks dicey with currents and cross waves.
Yeah it looks pretty gnarly when there's some swell around... sat was half a metre max, and it wass dead flat and smooth as glass through there... wind having a bit of W in it would be a big factor i think.

Wrassemagnet said:
I figured out a 3 step plan that always works - 1x 150mg zantac on waking up, 1 1/2 travacalm tabs an hour before launch and start chewing gum about 20 mins before launch. Haven't felt sick again since starting this routine.
I usually take a travacalm before bed, and one again in the morning and I'm all good. Does chewing gum have a big impact, and do you keep it going once you're out fishing?

Haven't heard of the gum before - or zantac, is that just a diffrent brand of seasick tabs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice red. Question, isn't that straight Marine Park?
I sometimes scoot through there as a shortcut south when glassy, even a small swell can be very dangerous as it comes out of 20m to only 3 or 4m.
Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.