Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

NSW - G'day from Lane Cove, Sydney

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  smigel 
#1 ·
I've been lurking for some time and finally got around to joining up.
I have two yellow Hobie Outfitters - Christened B1 and B2 :) and I do a bit of fishing out of them, solo and with the family, with reasonable success.
Mostly I fish in the Lane Cove River, Middle Harbour and down the coast around North/South Durras.

As a 20 year long fly fisher, I viewed soft plastics with a fair bit of scepticism, but I'm converted now, even though I probably only have the rudimentary SP skills worked out!

Looking forward to exchanging fishing stories!

#2 ·
Hi Matt,
No, I haven't yet been tempted to take a fly rod out. Too many potential tangles with the mirage drive!
Early season salmon, when they are on the 2cm or 3cm "eyes" bait fish schools, fly is sometimes the only successful method, but even that is frustratingly hit and miss.
A big salmon does go very hard on a fly rod though!

I haven't been out much lately, but a friend caught a decent jewfish in the lower Parramatta River last week, so I probably should get out more!

#3 ·
Thanks and will do Paul!
I put in at Burns Bay - It's a lovely part of Sydney and still capable of providing some great fishing.

I have a yellow tandem Hobie Outfitter with a little Bananas in Pajamas logo on the stern :~)

#4 ·
Thanks a lot Paul,
Are you talking about Bay St Greenwich next to the Flying Squadron - more or less straight opposite the end of The Point Rd?
I've never looked there.
I have a friend with a yellow/white Barracuda who lives down near the end of The Point Rd. It would save me a 3.5km peddle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.