Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a late morning launch at Terrigal on saturday. Met up with blacktipclint (Clint) and a mate of his trying his hand at kayak fishing for the first time. Plan was to see if there were any salmon about to play with, found the place was infested by plastic destroying chopper tailor everywhere. Tried to get some yakkas and pulled a full string of 6 after a few minutes. First one down was removed without a hookup, second one converted to a 64.99999 cm kingie released to grow a little. Apart from the tailor that was the only fish worth mentioning for the day.

Sunday was a lazy launch at Norah head at 1 pm. Lucky to find a parking spot, seems to be an indication of my luck for the day :)
From the boatramp you could see massive schools of salmon all over with large flocks of birds everywhere. Place was alive with activity sea completely flat and no wind. Dont get many of these days. Had my fishing spot pretty much to myself no one else on the water apart from a few fellas diving close by. Tried plastics and got some half-hearted bumps but no hookups. Reverted to squid and eventually hooked up to a keeper 69cm kingy which were invited to dinner. Apart from the usual sgt baker and pike bycatch that was the only fish for the day. Tried to chase the salmon bustups but they are feeding on something much smaller and did not touch the plastics. Perfect day on the water and golden fried crumbed kingfish nuggets for dinner. Life is good.

Cheers

Tonie

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Good onya Tonie. Never forget that big tuna smile you were flashing at SWR. I'm sure it's still there. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.