Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the most of the long weekend and managed to fish 3 out of 4 days - but dinner was proving hard to come by. I knew I was in trouble after Friday night's hairtail session when I texted my wife to say I was on my way home, but no fish - only to get the reply "no fish = you're sleeping in the shed".

Sunday's effort was little better, with beautiful conditions, but only a few micro rats for company.

Monday was my last chance, but after all the "pedalling" exercise on the Hobie, I felt the need to stretch my arms and use the Stealth. So launched at sunrise and headed out to the usual marks - dragged a squid strip around for an hour, for no joy. Switched to a sp but still no joy. Was about to call it quits, but stopped for a chat with a another kayaker - no sooner had I mentioned how it was completely dead, when the rod buckled over and a small rat was hooked.

Spent another 30 mins trolling around and worked on a technique to give the sp's more action - this worked, with another 3 tiny rats getting hooked up. Still no dinner however..........

Finally headed back in and as I passed over the last mark on the way back in, I managed to get a decent hit with what felt like a very fiesty rat. The tail beats were that of a small rat, yet the weight and persistence of the fight suggested something a little bigger.

Was over the moon when I spied the stripes of a very nice fat bonnie, even happier once it was safely on deck - just what I needed to feed our guests later that afternoon.

View attachment 1

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
badmotorfinger said:
Nice. Your fish hatch is a bit shallow. You can stop looking now.
I'll be a mug. Where is the hatch? Don't all Stealths have one? :eek:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
paulb said:
Carnster, I'd happily trade one of my good fish for one of yours :) Maybe need to book a holiday up the coast....
Cmon on up Paul happy to take you out any time. But come in summer for the macks. Yeah Trev, where is the hatch?
regards Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.