Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just found this topic so although not strictly a new member, thought I'd say g'day here.
I'm based in Launceston in northern tas. and have been yak fishing in the rivers, lakes and very limitted salt for a while now though only in my dodgy little sit in that I'm looking at upgrading.
Hopefully with a bigger, better SOT I'll be less limitted by in when I can get the yak out so I'll get a fair bit more yak fishing in (though I'll still have to continue my beloved small stream stuff to).
Great forum here, looking foward to being part of it.
Cheers
Col.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWYena2MAAA5fgAASYIMAAIgEEIA+79+gIABUUmTTEwmBMBHoNU3pQ0GQ9QDR6mg4B9KDZWxLJeiSH047sYBTbI4I3tQ45eodMkQCYk0HRb6z830GfgxqzCmQQcd87F3JFOFCQh6drYw=

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas

redphoenix said:
is that a brown you've got in the photo?

Looks healthy!
Yep nice little south esk brownie.
Cheers
Col.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Welcome Col

In regard to your SIK have met a young bloke on the water here with Perception Minnow who often pops over the local bar when tide is making, and sea is flat.

Trolls a 40lb handline with big minnow Hb and has had some fun times and limits his time to about an hour or so while bar conditions suit, then comes back inside when he notes bar condition changing.

So the small boat handled with care still opens up opportunities until the SOT appears

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
wrasseman said:
Yep nice little south esk brownie.
Cheers
Col.
South Esk, 8) hmmm I have been wanting to do a South Esk trip ever since Hook, Line and Sinker did that canoe trip down the South Esk.

I will have to ply you with a few beers and get a couple of the hot spots from you Col. :wink:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Welcome Col

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Onya Col, glad to see you found the site. My challenge to you is to get Nik into being a kayak fisherman.

Catch ya Scott

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I reckon that'll be a struggle. He can't even paddle in a straight line. He almost makes me look co-ordinated :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously it might work once he's been out on a real fishing yak. Have to see...
Cheers
col.

·
Registered
711 Posts
welcome wrasseman..... good to see another tassie yakker here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts