Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this yesterday afternoon.. is in very good condition.

Thinking of doing a couple of mods to it:
1. Going to replace the plastic clips that hold down the hatch with a bungie cord
2. Add a few more rod holders
3. Add a tackle tray
4. Install a wet-mount sounder
5. Considering repainting the yak

Anyone know any information about this particular yak?... was bought off ebay from banora point

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
indiedog said:
Nice pick up Brolans. Is it a Supalite (4.1m) or a Supalite X (4.3m)? Being the older model it has no well on the rear deck so potential to put a hatch in there. This will also help shite loads when you are doing the extra rod holders. I'd also say don't do the tackle tray, especially if it's the Supalite as they get in the way of getting rods in and out. Maybe look at mounting the bits you need on the underside of the hatch.

The other thing I'd suggest is getting the new full width hinge strap from Stealth to replace the two skinny ones as the full width strap stops a lot of water pushing inside the hatch when waves come over the front.

Bugger the painting mate, it won't help you on the water.

Look forward to seeing it set up.
Forgot to mention that... going to go and pick up the full width hinge today from the stealth store at yatala.. also replacing the hatch seal aswell.

Had a think about it this morning and I think im going to give painting a miss for now. The supalite x i had previously had a tackle tray and it was so handy. But seeing as this yak is the supalite version i can see your point of view that it may get in the way...

The hatch on the rear deck you are talking about... where abouts? where the stealth WaHoo sticker is?

Cheers, Brolans

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have the tackle tray in mine, glad I did it, but it definately makes for less room and a bit of swearing on the water trying to get rods out. would I do it again in a superlite, no.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
billpatt said:
I have the tackle tray in mine, glad I did it, but it definately makes for less room and a bit of swearing on the water trying to get rods out. would I do it again in a superlite, no.
Think i'm giving the tackle tray a miss as I think it may take up to much space.

Headed to see Dennis on Wednesday and pick up a couple of things... will post pics shortly.

Highly recommend heading to the stealth outlet at Yatala to anyone.. thanks a heap for your help Dennis!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.