Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

new snapper storer

911 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  simond11 
#1 ·
cool insulate, fully sealed, keeps ice frozen for hours and custom fitted 8) shes snug fitting with room for the anchor in a space behind the seat.

she's got an internal eyelet for stringer attachment, eyelets to attach to the elites running rig. The red cable is the stringer system

will fit a 3-4 60cm snappers on the diagonal but not the 1m kingies I'm due.

And no its not from Roswell in the 60's

what do you think?????

I love it when a plan comes together - someone please tell those snappers however :twisted:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A pretty flash looking unit....can you link them together via male/female zippers... to fit your 1200mm Kingy?

Cheers Andybear :lol:

#4 ·
andy,
unfortunately she will only fit reasonable snapper not small kings (75cm plus over here). The well of the elite is reasonable size but this fits snuggly. I could of had a longer one but wanted the small area directly behind the seat researved for the anchor plus a couple of other minors.

oh forgot to mention its probably the righ size for a slab and then a snap or 2 on top :twisted: ah the perfect combination - cold beers cooling a freshy caught snap - worest case situation you catch a second snapper and have to drink your way to make room for it :wink:
regards

G
#6 ·
Looks great JB 8)

Well thought out, and will keep your catch nice and fresh for the table. I like how the profile does not protude above the well, to prevent additional windage.

Will be a few Prowler owners interested to get their hands on one I'm sure :)

#7 ·
yeah, figured that one as well dallas about others wanting one. Am getting a second one made by a different manufacturer to see which is best and then offeringup the other one. If this one is not my winner then next one is going to be stella -should fit the P13,P15 and elite.
it was surprisingly affordable for a custom fit job, considering the cost of normal yak stuff. as I understand the price of beer in ockerland it was the price of around 3.5 slabs of your finest (read average) lager plus delivery.

Am not going to try and on sell them just wanted a solution for myself to keep my fish in tip top condition for the table. figured that iki (prest) and then on salt ice within a minute of capture will mean primo kai on the bbq

#8 ·
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWfF+0MoAABxfgAAScCWAChAVEBo37/6wIACEGpk0ykyeoB7UmENNMjQammU2o1P1TEyADCHk0IQknRIHR9NLPw1kMsVwqZWvNpGj1Ob+eGNN1wO3sZYTuZVzBR65oIgqQl8S1ducScVzGUdVJKxZMpt32S81hH8CkccFVxCgeIgjc+c2gEa8cAfqbKQQQa3YIHWBUKoGi44iVAtpLzgT8m3F3JFOFCQ8X7QygA==

#9 ·
Nice work, JB. The solution to your kingfish dilemma is after you have caught the 1 metre specimen, and have battled it for about 45 mins, leave it exhausted next to your kayak for about 10 mins, and I guarantee that the kingie will soon be half a kingie.I have heard of those Mako sharks around there... :shock: :wink:
Cheers

Simon
Prowler 15

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.