Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

new pb

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  sunshiner 
#1 ·
HI all, I have been busy with the bream classic but I got out in the kayak for a fish in the derwent today landing another pb from the yak.
It was 64cm and weighed 6lb.
sam

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
peril, I got it on a sx40.
It took it a rod length out from the kayak and he played up heaps, I think it jumped three times and took four masive runs.
I played the fish for ages as I didn't wan't to rush him to the net and risk loosing him.

#4 ·
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWQ+HkiAAAA9fgAASQAUAAIQFGAAuY56AIABQoABoGTIGqfop5TRk00NPRCAzKKxaQWxEMSi+z0kDvZMze8RNkjFY4vDsExU0SmEpnV/k2Vi48PX4u5IpwoSAfDyRAA==

#8 ·
Real nice fish Sam. Do you target these trout at a certain time of year down there, or is it any time of year option ? I'm starting to work on some of Victoria's sea-run brown population. It's nothing like tassies though. Have you fished Arthurs ? I saw a pic of a guy I know with a 6.5 kg brown he took from there I think. He said it was chasing minnows in about 1/2 metre of water when he caught it! Would love to have the options for trout fishing you have down there. p.s. how have drought conditions effected tassies waters? Mick

#10 ·
mick, I normaly fish the derwent from september to november.
this is the prime time for searunners as they are chasing whitebait.
this year has been the best year for searun trout I have ever seen bcause the lack of rain we have had.
sam

#17 ·
Corker of a fish Sam...bloody beaut. Taking ya lure that close to your yak is a surprise..no wonder he went nuts in close. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.