Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday everyone
my name's nick, and i've just joined the site. I've read through quite a bit during the last week or two and it seems like a great forum :D
unfortunately i'm still at school for a bit (i'm 15) so i dont have heaps of free time. Luckily, summer holidays start soon, and then ill be in the water the vast majority of the time :D
ive fished from a small f/glass dinghy most of my life, love it, but its kinda hard to get it out of the boatshed when im by myself, and this is probably the main reason im keen on a kayak. I kind of know how to paddle and balance and the like because my cousins have a surf ski which they let me use, and i love it.
reading through the forums opened my eyes a bit as to what can be done in a kayak, as i generally thought of them as toys rather than fishing machines. to see some people catching bigger fish out of them than i can in the boat is pretty damn cool!
im located either melbourne or the grandparents at mt martha, which is where i spend most of the holidays and do all my fishing.
anyway, id like to acquire a kayak sometime in the near future for fishing- ill probably make a post in the 'which kayak for me' section soon
cheers and good fishing!
nick

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWUvcopkAAEPfgAASYOcAEALnVIA/7/+gMAFalaYip/oqemak3qj1MyjIA0BtIGqYNQNAANAAABKnoiDISNk1PSekaGTTRtRQC2tDiR2+OfeXVXtzZEkVrulZ0bt9/E52OIu2aY4qRl5BhhT2FrfXGEKvv40a40Tca3ZNRHWKwcMVNeftOPCUMTTGY8Tkkk7QY5NA1MG2KF2+JppTdEd0zI6Pg8MxXi988WNZSJ0K4vVYrbqjy/mhdeztPSZlaDqe/PbahDJT2fIZxsdEyJi1tTFxSnMaJAApQGNUwJQ8IbM8ccLL6E7Mp8YleKrStyIhVpJuG+pJGW50cjAylEgZyhCSKEBi3QqmIHd92woB1Yht4IZpk96fz3Pmpb0pHBMM1d5WNCRG/rxtlMLvDvZlgxRLdVVUIPSbQ3oGKbO9EZZNeEij7PChjIpEH/xdyRThQkEvcopk

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the replies fellas!
what are these mangoes you speak of :D
would they be some sort of kayaking group :?:
cheers
ps ill go into the classifieds now and have a look :shock:

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWd+BJn4AADBXgAASQIchCpyAP///4DABG222DUwqPU/VHqbJqempkNGQ9QETCZqiek0NqZA0BoA00TRJ6NT0QADRkGhCRRSct4PHNcZ4+ekdNUFMGsfJomOxZCXvrCjWEUNiLgOwudU+7EkHlFsMEOrXAB9cX5ZLUt5klDI9KD4rk6HpG9w1wOdQ1GEGBuQqIQI+bBSjqXW0/qQkY3+mmgiST3ZmIrUKhF9U2ymQjlAMyxAhCLHSLJFPQsb6sDt7oGU8MdRTBRQjcvc5oaEJOrLtUVXagkBfuhaLaLcFGFaXFNfwVwiUpPO3CiAjMnv1vhupbY0goUTMikRBXUKs2RE+lHIGD4T0e7R6pcX4GgtILlf4u5IpwoSG/Akz8A==

· Registered
1,681 Posts
G Day Nick, welcome along. Red is from Canberra, so let's not put too much stock in what he's telling us here. By the way Red, you have the for Mango's full support for ya words :wink: There's a loose bunch of paddler's fishing Port Phillip Bay tagged the Melbourne Mango's, keep an eye under the Fishing Trips section and you'd be more than welcome to come along and check out our fuss (and yaks) :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.