Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Unarguably, there has been a tremendous amount of misinformation (journalistic ineptitude and intentional lies) published regarding the NBN.

There are many GOOD sources of information and commentary - HERE is one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barrabundy said:
Don't know anything about it other than our local tower went up last week. I just want fast, cheap Internet access.
G'day Barrabundy - GREAT! Interesting you should mention that, I was approached by an Albany outfit that had been charged by NBN Co to source a tower spot for Mount Barker (where I live 50 clicks or so north of Albany). They advised that, after long research, our 1/2 acre block on the edge of town was deemed to be ideal and offered us $6,500 p.a. plus GST per year to lease 96 sqm (12m x 8m) to erect a tower, complete with cyclone fence around it - the money was attractive, but in the end, SWMBO said no - 96sqm was a fair chunk of dirt and it probably wouldn't have added to the resale value :D .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leftieant said:
Gday Colin

There was a pretty robust and long winded discussion on here re: NBN a couple of months ago (probably before your time) - check it out here: http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=60709
G'day Ant - "Before my time" - haven't had that expression used on me in a long time :lol: - thanks for that - I'll have a good read of that! 8)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Barrabundy said:
Sounds like WA dirt is worth more than QLD dirt. They were offering $5k with CPI indexing for 10x10 sites here.
That's interesting, maybe he had to do with the type of tower involved - lattice tower or monopole : (from the info that was sent to me)

BTW. at our place it would have been the monopole. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.