Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't made a post in about 2 wks. My yak is looking a bit neglected. I have joined a company rather than just working for myself, and my yakking times are up the creek. I used to be able to slip away for a half day, usually when the tide and weather were just right. Now, I have to wait 12 months until holidays! No time after work during the week and weekends are busy as well with community stuff. Doesn't help when my wife's poor health takes a dip so I am doing most of the cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, grocery shopping, did I say cleaning?

Don't think I can last a year until holdidays. Not with Scotty Beefs and Daveneilson making posts with pics of my favourite area - Corio Bay/Fishing Ck. I am thinking my best bet is to work up a few brownie points in the office and see if I can leave work early on Friday for a weekend camping up near yakking country on the beach - Corio Bay, Fishing Ck, Nine Mile beach - anywhere really. This being away from the yak is no fun. Grrrr, just when my arm muscles were getting bigger they are now going to fade away again. Welcome back wimp!

Well, other news, I got a computer for my mum so she can surf the web and showed her how to get onto this forum. Her computer logs on using my password and I hope she doesn't start posting. She said she just wants to read stuff on the forum like I keep babbling on about. Good on ya Mum. If ya reading this, I love ya and I brushed my teeth this morning. No need to ask me next time I see ya. [Me Mum's great!]

Catch ya folk. I'm off to do the cooking.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Wondered where you were mate. Not like you to be away so long.

Hope your wife is getting better and that you find some time to get out regularly, if not as often as before

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i now how you feel tropp,im sitting in the office working today because i gotta go to Cobar on tuesday,would have been nice to go up to fishing creek today and chase salmon again.BUGGER!

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Joday your posts will be welcomed whenever time and yakking permit; and best wishes to your wife with her health issues mate.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hey Troppo - was wondering where you got to. Not good news about the wife - hope she gets better soon. Bit of a catch 22 though when she has to eat your cooking... :wink: :wink:

Not that it will help at all but your welcome to live vicariously through our corio posts! The beauty with yak fishing is that you can get a fish in in a short space time - not to mention that summer is rolling around again fairly rapidly and with it the longer days will come, will be easy to sneak the yak down for a paddle after work then.

In the meantime though if you need a sure fire fix and only have a couple of hours up your sleeve (and aren't chasing a feed) then head to the points off the launch site at Tanby Point there. The Wolf Herring and Pike are smashing anything that moves and provide awesome fun on the light tackle. I would have caught over 50 fish on the saturday trip alone!

Hope everything picks up soon and keep in touch!

PS I got a Mackeral on Saturday off Ritamada!!!! A small schoolie on a trolled soft plastic squid rigged up like we were talking a bout a while back.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. That's cheering me up.

Scotty Beefs & Occy re my cooking: Me thinks my wife will get better quicker if she had some alternative to my cooking - like tinned food or starving. :oops:

Occy re dirt: Funny you say that, I have no idea women can be so sick yet they still have microscopic eyesight when it comes to dust! And how was I supposed to know the vacum cleaner dust bag had been in there too long and was making the whole house stink. I noticed nuthin and the dust was still getting sucked up wasn't it? Changed the bag, everyone happy.

I have to clean the toilet this arvo. However, I did spend some time cleaning up around my yak downstairs 8) . Noticed some corrosion in one of my reels so cleaned that up. Nothing like being prepared once that window of opportunity hits!

Scotty Beefs and ya fish: That's bloody incredible! Good on ya. What a top outing. I can't count to 50 so I don't know what a pile of fish that big would look like but it would sure beat housework any day. :D Your a legend.

Catch yus again.

[toilet cleaning time, she don't think the white ceramic coating has worn off so I gotta get the brush. Well . . . . my sigy does say "Happy splashing so I better get to it.]

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hi Troppo & troppos's Mum. :D

Mate, keep ya chin up. Just think of all the browny points you,re winning while looking after your missus. All the best to her too. hope she gets better soon. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts