Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Penno said:
be nice to what's under the water again,

if anyone has any good setups for fresh water I would be keen to hear them.
Penno under the water at Hinze is lots of drowned trees waiting to grab and keep your lure.

This might help with setups mate viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32266

PM your approx start time and I might bring you over some hot water for a cuppa [you BYO cup and makings] if nothing is on at home, no promises but a good chance will come to the den.

A gentle NW breeze on the dam yesterday and it fished dead, but might have been ideal for your fly in some bays.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good Richo,need lots of lure fodder.
I always have my coffee maker with me,hot waters good.
Might be soft plastic time in the trees
Penno

·
Registered
392 Posts
Penno said:
Bit the bullet and retired the old lowrance tired of the foggy screen and can't seem to dry it out.

So in with the new lowrance elite 4 dsi,read a lot of your very helpfull information on this forum,thanks.

So I will back down at the Hinze on saturday and find that good spot you told me about Richo,be nice to what's under the water again,if anyone has any good setups for fresh water I would be keen to hear them.

Thanks
Penno
Penno,

Re your old lowrance - 10 years ago I put my brand new mobile phone through the washing machine - less than 2 hours old. So I took the battery out and placed the phone in full sun. The screen cleared after a couple of hours in the sun. That night as the condensation reappeared with the cool air, I put the phone in a sealable container along with a couple of silica gel capsules. Next morning the screen had cleared so I reinserted the battery and put it on the charger.

The phone started working again and lasted several years.

Another idea. When the Koomboloomba dam was being built in the late 50s - early 60s, the people on site had a lot of difficulty with mould on clothes. They over came it with a pilot light in the wardrobe keeping the robe warm (above dew point), and I guess the light also inhibited mould growth.

These ideas may work in restoring your old lowrance.

Has anyone else got any ideas on this problem?

Regards

Ian

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ian
Some good ideas there,I will pull the unit apart,there isn't a internal battery that's ok,and will buy some new silica gels.
Hey I got nothing to lose and I might end up with a good back unit.
Thanks
Penno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.