Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Sort of my goodbye till I have some plastic back under my bum
Just remembering my journey I've shared with you all during the time I had with my yak.

Around march last year I dyed my hair bright red in memory of a young girl who died from the same condition that my daughter suffers from, Cystic Fibrosis. I raised close to a $1000 for those who help us cope with this illness.
A bet I had with with the missus led to me getting my yak. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55071

Here's my introduction to ya all. Thanks Trevor. Your advice has always been cherished.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54293

My first trip report, what a great day out that was. The bronzy was my first decent size fight
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54388

Out from boat harbour, this was a great day. Good feed and adventure
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54647

This time I went back out of newy harbour had a great day
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55728

My first freshwater adventure, geez it was cold. And out of season WOOPS
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56207

A report from my mate MMMBEER that was a great day on the lake with the bonus of a successful golden rainbow
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56554

Back out on the lake with mmmbeer a nice salmon and my first flatty on plastics
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56684

What I reckon was my most favourite trip out. This day was special. Didn't get a fish, not even a touch. But the joy of it was special.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58003

Beach launch and successful return at Nobbies. Nearly spooled early. That was a cracker of a morning
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58290

Going backwards at boat harbour. My first uni tended swim
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=59897

Broken hearted
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61193

Hada few other trips I never posted about. Have had an awesome time . Honestly this kayak fishing is the best thing. It really has provided me some wonderful memories.
I want to thank the many who have offered their expertese and help during my time posting here. I learnt a lot. I won't have anything to post until either my yak is returned to me or I get another. The latter wont be for a while. We are building a new house at the moment. Our funds of course will go to making it a wonderful home.
My dream yak is an A1 so I might just save my pennies for that. Who knows
Again thanks guys, your all tops in my books
Tight lines and stay safe yak brothers and sister

Below is a quote from my day up in glen William . It's sums it up I reckon

Today I am again sitting in a hospital waiting for them to take my perfect little princess into surgery. This stay and the last will mean she and us have lost a full month in her 9 th year to this shitty condition.
The times spent on the water are my solace, my time to be who I once was. Who I still am.
I'm so glad I bought that quest.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Mick

You obviously love kayak fishing.

Why not get a real cheapie, either 2nd hand, or a new one from BCF/Anaconda. You don't need a sounder, or an AI, to go for a paddle with a rod and a handful of lures, and have a great time. Something cheap will still give you the exercise and the fun of being 'out there.' There is solace, for sure, in just paddling and being on the water. :)

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Gee, I don't know what to say other than it's a shame that this is the result of some drongo's mindless action. I know that "karma" is a word that gets used way to often but I think in this sort of situation it's probably appropriate. The person/people who stole your kayak will have their cheap thrills and end up no better off at the end of the day.

In the meantime I look forward to seeing you back here again when the time is right.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trevor
My plan was to use my quest for a few years and then upgrade to a. A1
My wife wants to buy me a cheapie to get me back on water, but I can be patient and work to get what I really want instead of having to put up with something inferior that would be a reminder of what's been taken from me.
Love kayak fishing.. You bet. I've honestly not been so exited and keen about something in a long time. Every day I wake I look to the conditions. Every body of water is thought about in a yak context.
Years ago it was about surfing, I was a full on surfer always stoked on the waves. Now it's yak fishing

Barrabundy
Yep karma will catch up with this person. Big believer in karma
And you will see me on the water
Of that you can bet your house on
Just might be a little while

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Mick

You don't need a whizbang yak to have fun, or to catch fish. Carnster goes out on a cheapie, and has fun and fitness. I reckon do this for a while, for sanity alone.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mate it's not about the wiz bang of the A1
Its what I want, there is nothing wrong with the cheaper yaks out there,
But if I go that way it's because someone has robbed me, if I go the desired yak I get what I want, not what I have to use because of theft
Hopefully it's a moot argument anyway and I will be paddling my quest soon

And my sanity left me a long time ago
Lol

Always somewhere to flick a line around here

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does a 4 month lost (stolen) kayak just turn up in your driveway one morning
Wonder what drove the thief to return my yak
Dosnt matter

This love story resumes

My boomerang came back

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Bludymick said:
How does a 4 month lost (stolen) kayak just turn up in your driveway one morning
Wonder what drove the thief to return my yak
Dosnt matter

This love story resumes

My boomerang came back
spork said:
That's AWESOME mate.
Great news.

Great news about the yak - hereafter known as the 'boomerang'. :lol:

Bring on another story, Bludymick, but not the wipe-out kind! :( .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.