Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am going to buy my first kayak for fishing and paddling
i weigh 109 kg and 6 ft 2 tall and the kayak i am looking at is a seabird lunar 12 kayak
there only about 499 dollars in anaconda and i am quite interested in it
i am only going to be paddling for flathead and bream in early morning with calm water
here the link to it http://www.seabirddesigns.com/kayaks/re ... g/lunar-12 :?

·
Registered
39 Posts
It states it has a recommended anglers weight capacity of upto 100kgs you are 109. A Malibu Pro Explorer at BCF for an extra $100 might be a better buy, much higher payload limit of 200kgs plus.

Currently on sale, not sure for how much longer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saying that my kayak is a cheap Chinese one and It holds me 92kg and fully loaded tackle, live well etc. prob up around the max kg. they often state certain kgs but can hole more. But for the extra $100 andrewG is on the money

·
Registered
867 Posts
I reckon that it would hold you just fine Nolsa. On their website they state capacity of 160Kgs with the paddler up to 100Kgs. Make sure you don't catch 60 Kgs worth of flattys & you should be right! ;-)

Manufacturers will normally understate capacity a bit rather than overstate. That kayak is not real long but it is pretty wide too. If it were 12cm wider would be about the same dimensions as my tandem kayak that I use for guests.

I have no idea what the quality of the brand is like but can't see capacity as being a problem. If you want to know for sure, pop down to Anaconda in Auburn & ask them to have a go in the little pool out the front of their shop that they have set up for just that purpose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks andrew i guess spending 100 more dollars just to be safe wont hurt plus i have heard of malibu pro explorer and its good im shocked its at that price thats mine now hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.