Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

4th day on the new job.
Required a 2 hour wait for the tow truck

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWWIPOQ0AAASVgGAEAAEf74wgIAAxTCaaA0xCIaaMQDalAsUdzhfNxivyet2aAXVqjE5nOwASR5+LuSKcKEgxB5yGgA==

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
If you're gonna do it do it to the axels!

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Bloody Australians!

So, are you going to tell us a bit about your job? I'd be interested in knowing what chemical you're using, what plants you're controlling, what type of areas or sites they're on, how big an area, how far apart etc etc. that's if you're able to share.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Craig, is that a pair of 600 litre tanks? That's over a tonne of spray and good enough reason to sink a truck. Do you get to use remote reels to make life easier or have you been given a manual rewind? I was a Shire noxious weeds inspector/ spray man many years ago and have been in a similar situation but with only 700 litres and was lucky enough to have a grader nearby which pulled me out easy enough. Enjoy your summer...

cheers

John

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
john316 said:
Craig, is that a pair of 600 litre tanks? That's over a tonne of spray and good enough reason to sink a truck. Do you get to use remote reels to make life easier or have you been given a manual rewind? I was a Shire noxious weeds inspector/ spray man many years ago and have been in a similar situation but with only 700 litres and was lucky enough to have a grader nearby which pulled me out easy enough. Enjoy your summer...

cheers

John
If I was a betting man I'd guess about 500 for the small one and 750-800 for the bigger one, lucky I'm not a betting man because I'm never right.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pair of 300 gallon tanks actually. 1000L in each. She's 4x4 but that is soft soft mud and clay.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
New guy at my work smashed his brand new iMac with his brand new iPad by banging them accidentally.

I gave him points for his line "I was trying to force sync"

iGiveup

·
Registered
867 Posts
That photo makes it look a bit like you lost one of your thumbs...pretty good excuse for why you ended up bogged but hard to explain how it grew back. :lol:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Junglefisher said:
Pair of 300 gallon tanks actually. 1000L in each. She's 4x4 but that is soft soft mud and clay.
after my first comment I had a second look at the size of the truck and thought I might have been a bit on the small side..

Barrabundy said:
If I was a betting man I'd guess about 500 for the small one and 750-800 for the bigger one, lucky I'm not a betting man because I'm never right.
Barra, I think there might be an optical illusion there as the front one has a slightly smaller "look"

cheers
John

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Salty Dog said:
That photo makes it look a bit like you lost one of your thumbs...pretty good excuse for why you ended up bogged but hard to explain how it grew back. :lol:
That's not me :)

John, yes, there is an optical illusion on the tanks. I'm not sure why, but it's there even IRL. They are both the same size though, I know, I pump from one to the other regularly.
We use manual wind reels and spray an average of 15-25 sites a day. There's around 100m of 1/2" hose on the reels.

Con, we are spraying the oil and gas sites at the moment, anything from 200m2 to a hectare in each site.
We are using Glyphosate, Dicamba, Diflufenzopyr, Imazapyr and something else that I forget. It's granular. We also add "onsite" which is a tree sap derivative that holds the herbicides "on site". This is for TVC - Total Vegatation Control for fire safety and clear sites around the wells and buildings.
We saw a moose, 6 hares, 15 squirrels, 20 odd deer and 3 grouse today.

Edit: I think the other herbicide is flumioxazin.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cjbfisher said:
Junglefisher said:
We saw a moose, 6 hares, 15 squirrels, 20 odd deer and 3 grouse today.
Which one was tastiest?
It's against policy to carry a gun whilst at work.
I'll have to go back on a weekend sometime to find out ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.