Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ,
Who is up for a fish on the show holiday ? I am not fussy where or when , i am just enjoying getting out on the yak again

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi ya Mate

I'm keen if the weather holds out...Work out a location later in the week Pete...

PS...Just looked at the tides and it might be ok to hit Dumbleton...High 0754 4.79m...Low 1414 0.54m....

Cheers

Stevo....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'm in thinking I might try northwall if the weather is ok. If not what can we expect up at Dumbleton this time of year?

Cheers Mal

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am working Thursday but have Friday off so will be hitting the river mouth early Friday then a stink boat session Friday night then another yak fish early Saturday morning at Nth Wall if the weather gods are kind. I think i may be needing a rest on Sunday.

Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
862 Posts
Those of you heading offshore take your heavy gear as three decent fish have got the better of me between Thursday and this morning, the most frustrating being a 1m+ longtail which spat/pulled the hooks yakside this morning after towing me around for over half an hour. A few colourful words were said that's for sure! Hopefully the toga are a little kinder to me tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
bundyboy said:
Those of you heading offshore take your heavy gear as three decent fish have got the better of me between Thursday and this morning, the most frustrating being a 1m+ longtail which spat/pulled the hooks yakside this morning after towing me around for over half an hour. A few colourful words were said that's for sure! Hopefully the toga are a little kinder to me tomorrow.
What did you get these guys on and where? I need to get a rod bending and a reel screaming. I'll be launching pre-dawn northwall thursday morning and hoping something wants to play the game. Will most probably troll a dead bait and a squidgy of some sort with the back up slug on the spin stick just in case.
On the Toga front I am super keen for a trip chasing them. I have been eyeing of a few creeks/rivers on my train trips west and would be keen to get that first one (never tried). If you go another day besides thurday let me know and I'll tag along.

Cheers Mal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.