Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Im looking at putting shock cord over my kayak front and rear compartments, and chasing the nylon saddles,eyes,cleat, and hooks, and i'm also going to try to make my own anchor trolleys for both my kayaks, so i will need all thats mentioned plus a s/steel pulley i can mount at the ends. I found a perfect pulley at BCF but its $26.95. Anchor trolley kits are $40 haha all i need is the pulleys and i'll have it made.
I'll attach photos of the things i'm after. if anyone knows where i can find them in 10+ amounts. only after 4 pulleys though, 2 each kayak. much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Mate I have bought all of that at Whitworths Marine, with the exception they only have stainless saddles.

You can also get much of it at some nut and bolt shops who sell fittings for stainless wire rails used on balconies.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The following is from a post in my Curlew thread. You may be set on having the hard nylon ones but if you're open to suggestions this is at least another option.

Made some soft eyes for attaching shock cord using a method from TX-River-Rat on the Jem site. Really simple, just fold some webbing and melt a hole in it.

IMG_6098 cropped [800x600].jpg

Then attach with stainless screw.

IMG_6099 [800x600].jpg

They hold OK. The cord is fairly taut in this photo but loose enough to put things under it.
IMG_6102 [800x600].jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks guys,
i will look into it for sure, where can i get my hands on some webbing, and has it ever torn?

·
Registered
463 Posts
morrow said:
Awesome thanks guys,
i will look into it for sure, where can i get my hands on some webbing, and has it ever torn?
For webbing try camping stores and hardware stores - Whitworths may have it as well.

Plenty strong enough on my set up - if you are worried about it coming off over the screws use SS washers as well.
If you have a choice get polyester or polypropylene rather than nylon as they stand up to the sun a lot better.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
morrow said:
webbing, and has it ever torn?
No worry about the strength of webbing, I have DIY side handles from 25mm web and at least 5 years of work and sunlight with no problem using bolts and oversize washers.
100_0060.jpg

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.