Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

looking for ideas to mod my hobie outback :)

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hobiehead 
#1 ·
hey guys :) ive just bought my 2013 hobie outback ive have it for 2 months now and been looking at modifications that others have been doing. im just looking around and trying to get ideas and pics on what other people have done and think that there yak is better for it :) now the first mod im looking at is putting a branched out pipe splitting into 2 like a t bar from up the front where most people mount the fish finder ( in that little hole near the front hatch). now i was thinking finding a bit of pipe that fits nice and flush in the mount hole that sits higher then the foot pedals and getting some connectors that gives me the chance to put like a t bar so i can make a flat mount one side with velcro and the other mounting a fish finder mount onto. so im looking at having a fish finder on the left all bolted in nice and flush and on the right have a tube of gulps with velcro under it so it simply sits on and is easy to get off just last time i went fishing i dropped my gulps and losted the juice (which is gold!) and the hatch at your feet i find you can have enough gear in there that i dont need to bring anything else but the gulps! and im also looking for pics and ideas of any other good mods that people have done for this yak thanks guys :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.