Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am going on a holiday :D :D :D !!!!! To lindeman island at the whitsundays next saturday and will be staying at club med. Has anyone here been there before. If so what was it like, are you allowed to fish there, anywhere to hire kayaks and any advice you can give me before i head of? There's a circus school there i heard which should be fun and they got a trapize!!!! :D :D I can't wait. Here's a link to there website http://www.clubmed.com.au/lindeman/index.php

Cheers

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Hey BJT,
I reckon the resort would have kayaks for use so take your fishing gear just in case. You could give em a ring?
Cheers

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
mate the gun spot on lindeman is off the end of the wharf. coral trout, big queenfish and all sorts of reef species hang around there.

catch a few livebait and throw it out after dark for the big ones.

they do have the dodgy kayaks for guest use but the'yre not exactly rigged up for fishing

cheers. Dave

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought i would all of you know how my holiday went. Well to say the least it was fantastic. When we arrived there were like 20 staff members (G.0's is what they call themselves) waving at us at the end of the jetty, and they all greeted us as we came of the boat (it was a really great welcome).

We stayed there for a week and there is just soo much to do. You can go on the trapize every arvo and they teach you what to do and stuff ( my little bro who is 4 evan went on it in the kids club they have there). They picked my to go in the trapize show there and i had to wear tights :oops: :D , lol, it was fun though.

And i had buffet for breacky lunch and dinner everyday :D !!!! And we got this all inclusive deal and all the alcohol exept most of the cocktails was free ( My dad was reall happy about that, lol). We played archery while we where there aswell and went on an 8.6k bush walk and saw heaps of bats in the tree on that walk. It was just so much fun we also kayaked to this island across from ours and went sailing and laid by the pool everyday, lol, we also played golf which was'nt really fun cause my little brothers kept picking up the balls :x , lol. I just had a really relaxing time.

If you have kids a would highly recomend this place as it has 3 drifferent age group kids clubs. So you and your wife can go of and do your own thing while the kids are in kids club. And they have a different show on the stage there every night which heaps of people go to. And there's a night club there but the cut of time for under 18's is 11.30 :x .

Anyway i'll stop blabbing on about, lol. Here's some pics fro, my trip :D

Davey G- i was'nt able to get time to fish while i was there :cry: . Do you live there? Or have you just gone on holidays there bofore?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Very nice BJT. Sounds like you had an awesome time. I notice what looked like a yak or similar in the first photo. Can see a paddle 'flash'. Also, in the third photo, I think it was, there is a topless lady. Did anyone see her?

Just joking about the lady! :D Wonder if the hit rate for that third pic will go up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts