Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spooled1 and I had a paddle at Lennox today. It was low tide with the surf still up a bit and not much room to work, and very shallow. Spooled1 trolled scorpions and lazer pros and I tried a couple of Strike Pro lures. We didnt have any luck, I managed a snag, and we had a nice collision when a wave washed me into Spooled1. We concluded it was a nice day and good for a paddle anyway and called it quits.
Anyway later in the day I went back out about 4 pm. The tide was much higher and it looked much better. I used a nice red and orange Galaxia II and you wont believe what I caught....... :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
That's one corker of a fathead flathead Breambo, very worthy of a Fame entry. :D

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
When I looked at the first pic, I thought, "Gee what a small yak!" . . . . But then I realised it was instead a big flathead :shock: . Nice one Breambo.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Breambo said:
Thanks gentlemen,
I'll take the glory now as I have a feeling it probably wont be there too long. Thats why I got in early :wink: :lol:
yes mate but it is the inaugural lizard and that can never change :wink:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers Richo,
Heres my report for today.
had a few things on and had to wait untill 4pm for a go out. I was amping from yesterdays effort, and lo and behold the swell and dropped enough to go "out the back". Confused to as where I was actually going to fish I stowed extra lures and some SPs in the centre hatch just in case.
I cast out a small HB and had a poke around the shallows for about 10 minutes, deciding the tide was still a bit low, it would be better outside.
Had to pack everything down, to go through the surf and into the Marine Park. It was about a 10 -15 min paddle around Lennox Point out of the Marine Park where it was safe cast out to troll around.
I tried a SX60 Green and Gold and paddled around the cove, mainly taking in the scenery more than anything rather than concentrating on the fishing. A small tinny with 2 blokes came over and they started jigging up some bait. The northeaster had picked up to about 10 knots so I headed back reversing the order of packing up tp pass trough the MP.
When I came back into the fishing zone I tried trolling the reef outside the waves and picked up a 48cm flatty on the sx60. Did a few more runs and came back in through the waves, and didnt get rolled but I did fall out, when a small wave got me from behind, I was paddling flatout too.
When I got inside the reef I thought I'd make a few casts to regain my composure. 2nd cast onto the reef and cranking it into the deep channel yeilded another flatty 50 cm(same sx60). I was stoked now and headed in, it was almost dark.
I'll tell you one thing, the flattys are thick at the moment, I cant seem to catch anything else :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Breambo,

they are certainly some nice looking flatties. I'm keen for things to warm up down here so the become a bit more active.

That's after I get myself some Winter gummies and some Spring snapper. :wink:

Regards
Grant

·
Registered
86 Posts
nice flatty would have tasted alright!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.