Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if anyone has had a leak from this particular part of the hobie.
filled her with water and soon started dripping through the right mirage drive retaining clip.

the leak was about 500mls per hour 1 up but quite a bit more 2 up. have been getting a few cod lately (apart from the usual flathead and whiting ) and a mac.

have applied some goop and will see how it goes.

some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
intrepid said:
my mirage drive clips look heaps different to that?

is that what is underneath the interlocks?
Spot the newbie! This style of mirage drive clip was used up until about 2008. I think my 09 Revo had the current style of clips in it and was bought in late 2008. The newer drop in ones are way better as you don't get your fingers wet turning the knobs on those cold mornings.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't think that goop will do the job. This area flexes when you pedal and the crack will grow over time as it did with 2 of my craft. Carry a large sponge to bail. I would be talking to your Hobie dealer re options.

Grant

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys

@,mimgle. yes thats the spot, the housing for the bolt has split a little

@ wayne and intrepid, yes 2008.

@rod rocket , i always use marine grade silicon

@ grant. yes, has been getting worse and yse i always carry a sponge (mad if you dont) i like to try to fix things myself so will have a crack, but i fear you are right.
ive dropped this baby twice off the roof, so i feel it has stood up very well to years of grinner abuse. the bottom has a hole from being constantly dragged over sandbanks, but thats understandable when you like to fish 12 inches of water :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.