Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the subject has been covered before but could I get some VERY SIMPLE instructions for posting the large format photos within the text of a post.

The threads that have discussed this in the past have been way to complicated for me to follow and have included things like the use of hosting services.

I think Red (Redphoenix) did post instructions for hosting via the forum but I couldnt follow them, sorry Red if you read this.

I would like to get some pretty simple step by step instructions. I suppose it must be the downside of never having kids there is no one in the house to show me how to use a computer. The plus side is I am not paying $000's in school fees per annum so the yak budget benefits.

· Registered
1,565 Posts
Hey Lloyd,
I'll have a go at explaining this for you.
You will need to create an account with an hosting site, I use Photobucket.
http://photobucket.com/
Go to their site and click on the button that says 'Register now' fill out the form and follow the instructions, similar to signing up for this forum I expect. (can't remember as I've had an account with them for years)
Once you have your account active you can sign in and start your uploads.
As with posting pics on the forum, you will need to resize your pics to a usable size. 800x600 is optimal. The easiest way to resize pics is with the Image Resizer Powertoy.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx
click the above link and scroll down until you see a link on the right that says ImageResizer.exe and click that link. this will open a download window, save the file to your desktop so it's easy to find, then run the installer by double clicking on the downloaded file.
Once this great little program is installed it's as simple as right clicking any image saved on your PC and when the menu pops up clicking on the 'Resize Images' option and selecting 'medium 800x600' which will create a copy of the original photo in the same location in the size you requested.
Now that your photo is resized, sign into photobucket, click the browse button and find your file, then click Upload. This will add your photo to your new album, and once this is done it will give you 3 ways of using your photo. A URL link which can be used for your avatar, a HTML tag for adding to a website and an IMG code which is used for posting pics in a post on the forum, or your signature, just cut and paste the address in the box below your image.
I hope this helps.
cheers, Karl.

· Registered
11,115 Posts
Lloyd check PMs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.