Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Liking the lack of dropping his name by Ligget and Sherwen. Heard the "the American winning streak" dropped a couple of times when they were talking about the 1 million strong crowd on the side of the road last night.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
systemtester said:
Liking the lack of dropping his name by Ligget and Sherwen. Heard the "the American winning streak" dropped a couple of times when they were talking about the 1 million strong crowd on the side of the road last night.
In the 100th official TDF book, all 100 result lists show a line of dots instead of a name where there was was a later DSQ, and below it is an italic list of the names involved, includes Lance and a few others.

The book also has a whole chapter covering the cheating years of Armstrong and others, and scandal has not been glossed over in any way in the final production.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dodge said:
scandal has not been glossed over in any way in the final production.
That is good to know. I didn't really provide much in the way of context and cycling doesn't need doping to be swept under the carpet by "not talking about it" and my comment was provoked by a memory I have of an online article where the writer, and the publication he represented (or maybe its online variant), would no longer write about Armstrong. Their rationale was that to continue to do so would simply add fuel to the ridonkulous scandal and feed his own celebrity.

The specific reference by Phil last night was that in spite of the truth now known about Armstrong the crowds seemed to have been just as large. They drew no connections between his confessions and those crowds but they did not use his name - which was where my memory of a vague online article happened (which I can't find - sorry) and I decided to drop my comment in here.

Massive fan of the sport. Have ridden Ventoux (2 hours of pain I'm glad to have suffered), Remember Bedoin, Malaucene and Carpentras well from my day there and admire those guys that put in huge chunks of their lives to compete. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.