Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mate i have been lucky enough to have an encounter with a large male, a female and their calf. They were totally unperturbed by my presence. I paddled with them for a couple of kms. It was one of the best experiences of my life. If i am ever in the financial position to do so i want to paddle with them again on one of those tours in British Columbia

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
They used to be a common sight in Moreton Bay apparently when the whaling station on Tangalooma was in full flight. There's also a lot of stories about them helping the whalers round the humpbacks up. Obviously when the big whales disappeared they did too but they're becoming more common as the humpback numbers rebound.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
badmotorfinger said:
Where is Occy. Anyone know? Has he had a health scare?

·
Registered
174 Posts
About 10 years back we saw a pod of about 6 - 8 up off of Waddy Point :shock: .Nobody believed us, even the local Rangers, all telling us they were probably Pilot Whales. We knew they were Killers all right. They were traveling in sort of loose formation heading north on a definite mission. Really surprised at the speed they travelled at.

·
Registered
690 Posts
salticrak said:
Iv'e heard grinners penguins aren't fresh, by the time you rig one up they are pretty much cactus.
:lol: got no idea of the relevance

Do yu just use the penguin breast or the whole bird? Nick's linked article was very informative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.